Post-game notes courtesy of the NYR:
Flames 4, Rangers 3.
- The Rangers were defeated by the Calgary Flames, 4-3, tonight at Scotiabank Saddledome, to end their season-high winning streak at five games.
- The Blueshirts have posted a record of 41-30-4 overall (86 pts), including a 23-14-0 mark on the road this season. The Rangers remain one point ahead of the Philadelphia Flyers for second place in the Metropolitan Division standings.
- The Rangers and Flames have been separated by two or fewer goals in 12 of their last 14 meetings (8-4-0-0 when separated by two goals), with nine of those contests being decided by one-goal (7-2-0-0 when separated by one goal).
- The Blueshirts out-shot the Flames, 41-28, including an 18-10 advantage in the first period. New York has now out-shot their opponent in five of their last seven games (245-195 over the span), and have surpassed 30 shots in five contests during the stretch.
- Brad Richards registered a goal and an assist, a team-high five shots, and a plus-two rating in 17:41 of ice time. He has tallied three points (two goals, one assist) and a plus-five rating in the last three games. Richards now ranks second on the team with 18 goals, and third with 31 assists and 49 points this season.
- Raphael Diaz recorded his first point as a Ranger with a goal, was credited with four shots, and two takeaways in 17:36 of ice time. Diaz was acquired by the Rangers from Vancouver on Mar. 5 in exchange for a fifth round pick in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft.
- Brian Boyle notched a goal, three shots, and two blocked shots in 11:44 of ice time. He has registered a point in each of the last two games (one goal, one assist), and is now one point shy of 100 career points.
- Carl Hagelin tallied an assist, was credited with three hits, and posted a plus-two rating in 14:39 of ice time. He has recorded a point in five of the last eight games, registering eight points (four goals, four assists) over the span. Hagelin is now five points shy of 100 career points.
- Benoit Pouliot registered his 30th point of the season with an assist, and posted a plus-two rating in 14:31 of ice time. The assist was his career-high, 18th of the season. It is the third time in the last four seasons Pouliot has reached the 30-point mark. He has now recorded three assists in the last three games.
- Derek Dorsett tallied an assist, three shots, and two hits in 10:31 of ice time. He has now registered a point in each of the last two games (one goal, one assist).
- Dominic Moore recorded an assist and three shots in 13:11 of ice time. He has now tallied a point in each of the last two games (one goal, one assist).
- Henrik Lundqvist made 24 saves and is now 30-23-4 overall, including a 16-10-0 mark on the road this season.
Photo by Getty Images.