Reminder: We will have a live chat right here Wednesday at noon. Be there.
Post-game notes & quotes courtesy of the Rangers:
Predators 4, Rangers 1.
– The Rangers continued their franchise record, nine-game homestand, tonight with a 4-1 loss against the Nashville Predators at Madison Square Garden.
– The Blueshirts are now 15-16-1 overall (31 pts), including a 5-8-1 mark at home this season.
– The Rangers’ shutout streak against the Predators ended at 193:35, dating back to the 5:10 mark of the first period in a 2-1 shootout victory on Nov. 27, 2010 at Nashville.
– The Blueshirts’ penalty kill was 2-2 (4:00) in the contest, and has now held opponents scoreless in 12 of the last 15 games (34-37, 91.9% over the span).
– The Rangers were credited with 20 blocked shots, including 12 players who registered at least one blocked shot in the contest.
– Rick Nash registered his 600th career point with a goal and led all skaters with five shots in 20:49 of ice time. He has notched a goal in five of the last eight games, and has seven points (five goals, two assists) over the span.
– Brad Richards recorded an assist and two shots in 21:46 of ice time. He has tallied eight points (three goals, five assists) in the last eight games. Richards leads the team in scoring with 24 points, and is now tied for first on the team with 15 assists.
– Derick Brassard tallied an assist and four shots in a season-high, 21:18 of ice time. He is now six points from his 200th career point.
– Henrik Lundqvist stopped 22 of 25 shots faced and is now 9-13-1 overall, including a 4-7-1 mark at home this season.
– Michael Del Zotto registered four shots and was credited with a team-high, four blocked shots in 20:20 of ice time.
– Dan Girardi recorded a team-high, four hits, and was credited with two blocked shots in 26:35 of ice time. He leads the team with 79 hits and 55 blocked shots on the season.
Alain Vigneault on tonight’s game… “Well, there were certain areas that we talked about before the game, about trying to be better one-on-one, trying to be a tad more physical when the opportunity was there. I thought we started off alright, but it makes it real challenging when you are down two to nothing early. With the difficulty of our offense right now, as far as scoring goals, it makes it very challenging and that’s what happened tonight.”
Henrik Lundqvist on tonight’s game… “It was not the start we were looking for, obviously, but still after two periods it is just a one goal game. We tried to fight back in the second and in the third, that third goal killed us. The only thing I know right now is it can only go up. Right now it’s extremely tough mentally and you try to be positive, you have to. There are so many games left. It’s just a really tough stretch for us right now where it’s hard to get points. You just have to work through it, stick together and like I said, be positive. It’s definitely a test for all of us.”
Photo by Getty Images.