Our gracious and generous donor has given us a pair of tickets to give away, so we’ll have another contest today, from now until “It’s Go Time!” is posted around 7 p.m. The winner will get two tickets to the Sunday, Nov. 10 game against Florida at Madison Square Garden.
So let’s review the rules, shall we? (answer: yes).
1) This is the easy part. You pick the score, then a bunch of tiebreakers: game-winning goal, Rangers shots, Ducks. Your entry should look like this (with different numbers and names): Rangers 17, Ducks 1. GWG: Avery. Rangers shots: 18. Ducks shots: 44.
This is new!!!!: Don’t use NYR or Blueshirts or Ana or Anaheim or Daffys or Quackers or Donalds or anything other than Rangers and Ducks when you make your pick. Don’t use abbreviations, nicknames, colons, dashes or semicolons or any other punctuation between the team name and the score. Just keep it very, very simple and do it exactly like this:
Rangers 17, Ducks 1.
If there is anything other than the name of the team then a space then the score, as shown here, you may be disqualified. Then add your tiebreakers.
It just makes it much easier for me to scroll through all the entries that way. Thank you.
2) The score of the game must be exact. Not closest. Not margin of victory. You must have the exact score to win or to move on to the tiebreakers, if needed. Note that the game-winning goal is the goal that provides the margin of victory, whether it be the second goal in a 17-1 game, or an overtime or (God forbid) winning shootout goal.
The Rangers’ shots tiebreaker shall go to the closest prediction without going over. If contestants are still tied, the Ducks shots tiebreaker shall be used, and also will go to the closest prediction without going over. If all remaining contestants are over the number of Ducks shots, the contestant closest to the correct total wins.
Finally, if still somehow tied—or if nobody picks the exact final score—I will either give the tickets to Sally again or flip a coin at Blog HQ or host a do-over later this week.
3) The most important rules regarding entry into the contest: DO NOT EVEN DREAM ABOUT ENTERING MORE THAN ONCE. This is also new!!!! You MUST have a legitimate, working e-mail address in your comment header … you know, when you enter your screen name, etc. before the first time you comment. I will check for e-mail addresses and IP addresses from any entrant whose screen name I do not recognize. Multiple entrants will be disqualified. Capisce?
Only entries in this thread will count. In other words, don’t put your predictions in any other thread.
4) Don’t get me aggravated with dumb questions or details.
5) *-The judge’s decision on all issues will be final. (*-I am the judge; though I may be appointing a sub-judge for this contest).
Good luck, and have fun.
See youse tonight.