Post-game notes courtesy of the NYR:
Flyers 2, Rangers 1.
– The Rangers were defeated by the Philadelphia Flyers, 2-1, tonight at Wells Fargo Center, in their third straight divisional matchup.
– The Blueshirts are now 2-6-0 overall (4 pts), including a 2-6-0 mark on the road this season.
– The Rangers’ penalty kill held the Flyers scoreless in four attempts (11:00), and are 21-24 (87.5%) in the last five games.
– New York posted a 53% faceoff winning percentage, winning 29-55 faceoffs in the contest.
– The Blueshirts were credited with 24 hits in the contest, including six players who registered two or more hits.
– Cam Talbot stopped 25 of 27 shots while making his NHL debut. Talbot is the fourth player to make his Rangers’ debut this season, and the second Blueshirt to make his NHL debut.
– Brad Richards notched a goal, tied for the game-high with four shots, and won 4-7 faceoffs (57%) in 20:03 of ice time. He has now registered five points (two goals, three assists) in the last four games, and leads the team in scoring with five goals and eight points on the season.
– Chris Kreider tallied the primary assist on Brad Richards’ goal, and was credited with a game-high, six hits, in 19:18 of ice time while making his season debut. His six hits represent a single-game career-high.
– John Moore recorded an assist and three shots, and was credited with two blocked shots in 15:56 of ice time. He has tallied two points (one goal, one assist) in the last three games, and is now tied for the team lead among defensemen in points (two).
– Dominic Moore tied for the game-high with four shots, and won 7-9 faceoffs (78%) in 14:24 of ice time.
– J.T. Miller was credited with four hits and logged 13:35 of ice time.
– Derek Stepan tied for the game-high among forwards with two blocked shots, and led all forwards with 22:29 of ice time.
– Friday, Oct. 25 – Off
– Next Game – Saturday, Oct. 26 at Detroit (7:00 p.m. ET – TV: MSG Network)