Courtesy of the NYR:
– The Rangers were defeated by the St. Louis Blues, 5-3, tonight at Scottrade Center, in their fourth game in six nights.
– The Blueshirts are now 1-4-0 overall (2 pts), including a 1-4-0 mark on the road this season.
– The Rangers notched two goals in five power play opportunities (7:03), and are now 4-17 (23.5%) with the man advantage this season.
– The Blueshirts were credited with 15 blocked shots, including 12 players with at least one blocked shot in the contest.
– Ryan Callahan notched two power play goals, was credited with two hits and two blocked shots, and logged 20:23 of ice time. His goal at 19:54 of the first period was his first point of the season.
– Brad Richards tallied one goal and added a power play assist, led all skaters with eight shots, and logged a team-high, 23:39 of ice time. He leads the team with four goals, and is tied for the team lead with five points this season.
– Derek Stepan recorded two power play assists in 17:18 of ice time. He is tied for the Rangers’ lead in scoring with a team-high, five assists, and ranks first on the Blueshirts with four power play assists this season.
– Derick Brassard tallied two assists, including one on the power play, and won a game-high, nine faceoffs (9-18, 50%) in 19:25 of ice time. He has now recorded three assists in the last three games.
– Martin Biron stopped 13 of 17 shots in 39:57 of ice time while making his first start of the season, and is now 0-1-0 overall with a 0-1-0 mark on the road.
– Henrik Lundqvist (no decision) turned aside 16 of 17 shots faced in relief during the third period.
– Justin Falk registered one shot in 5:16 of ice time while making his Rangers debut.
– Next Game – Wednesday, Oct. 16 at Washington (8:00 p.m. ET – TV: NBCSN)