Post-game notes courtesy of the New York Rangers:
Flames 4, Rangers 1
- The Rangers opened a three-game Western Canada road trip with a 4-1 defeat against the Calgary Flames tonight at Scotiabank Saddledome.
- New York is now 1-2-0 overall in preseason action, including a 1-2-0 mark on the road.
- The Rangers notched a goal in their only power play opportunity (1-1, 0:50), while the Blueshirts’ penalty kill held the Flames scoreless in three power play attempts (3-3, 6:00).
- New York out-shot Calgary, 16-6, in the second period.
- Marc Staal notched a power play goal, his first point of the preseason, and registered two shots in 21:46 of ice time.
- Jesper Fast tallied his first point of the preseason with a power play assist and logged 17:41 of ice time.
- Michael Del Zotto recorded his first point of the preseason with a power play assist and logged 16:46 of ice time.
- John Moore tied or the team-high with three hits and three blocked shots, registered three shots on goal, and was assessed a fighting major in 20:27 of ice time.
- Justin Falk tied for the team-high with three blocked shots, and led the Rangers with 23:04 of ice time.
- Danny Kristo registered a team-high, four shots on goal in 12:15 of ice time.
- Stu Bickel tied for the team-high with three hits, and logged 17:46 of ice time.
- Henrik Lundqvist stopped 24 of 27 shots faced, and is now 0-2-0 in preseason action.
- The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Edmonton Oilers tomorrow, September 24, at Rexall Place (9:00 p.m. – TV: MSG Network), as they continue a three-game Western Canada road trip.
- Prior to tomorrow’s contest, the Blueshirts’ will hold a pre-game skate at 11:30 a.m. (local time), followed by a practice (non-game group) at 12:30 p.m. at Rexall Place. Head Coach Alain Vigneault will be available to the media following the pre-game skate.