Courtesy of the NYR:
– The Rangers opened their 2013 preseason schedule with a 2-1 loss to the New Jersey Devils tonight at Prudential Center.
– New York has posted a record of 0-1-0 overall in preseason action, including a 0-1-0 mark on the road.
– The Rangers out-shot the Devils, 34-27, including a 24-15 advantage after the first period.
– The Blueshirts held the Devils scoreless in three shorthanded situations (3:42).
– The Rangers out-hit the Devils, 16-6, and were credited with eight blocked shots compared to six blocked shots by New Jersey.
– Dominic Moore notched a goal and registered two shots in 13:33 of ice time.
– Danny Kristo tallied the primary assist on Dominic Moore’s goal, and registered two shots in 17:24 of ice time while making his Rangers debut.
– Marek Hrivik registered an assist and logged 15:15 of ice time.
– Brian Boyle was credited with three hits and won a game-high, 11 faceoffs (11-17, 65%) in 18:39 of ice time.
– Marc Staal led all skaters with six shots on goal, and logged 21:56 of ice time.
– John Moore logged a team-high, 22:33 of ice time, and registered four shots on goal.
– Henrik Lundqvist stopped 14 of 15 shots (.933 Sv%) in 30:44 of ice time.
– Cam Talbot turned aside 11 of 12 shots (.917 Sv%) in 27:34 of ice time.
– The Blueshirts’ practice schedule for tomorrow, September 17, is 10:00 a.m. at MSG Training Center. Head Coach Alain Vigneault will be available to the media following practice.
– The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Philadelphia Flyers tomorrow, September 17, at Wells Fargo Center (7:00 p.m. – TV: MSG Network), in the second game of a back-to-back set.