I figured that, since I always do my predictions, and a lot of youse do yours also, and since we had a contest last year and I believe the year before, too, well, why not?
So I rounded up some minor prizes. Here’s the deal:
1) Make your predictions for all eight series, plus tiebreakers, in this thread only. The contest closes at 6:45 p.m. so there’s no hanky-panky around game time when the playoffs open tonight. Any predictions made in other threads will be disqualified.
2) AND THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE: Don’t even dream about entering more than once. Anybody who enters twice will be disqualified. The judge will check IP addresses (the judge being me).
3) The winner will be the person who gets the most series winners correct.
4) In the event of a tie, the first tiebreaker shall be the number of series forecast exactly correct (i.e. Flyers in 6). The second tiebreaker shall be the final score of the deciding game in the Rangers-Capitals series. The third tiebreaker shall be the number of Ranger shots on goal in the deciding game (closest without going over; followed by closest whether over or under).
5) Any entry that does not include all the tiebreakers shall be disqualified.
6) If there are any squabbles or questions, the judge shall determine the winner (the judge being me).
7) If the judge cannot determine a winner, then Sally shall be declared the winner. Capisce?
So here are my predictions (and your ballot should look like this):
Capitals over Rangers in 6.
Penguins over Islanders in 6.
Bruins over Maple Leaves in 7.
Senators over Canadiens in 6.
Blackhawks over Wild in 5.
Red Wings over Ducks in 7.
Canucks over Sharks in 6.
Blues over Kings in 7.
Tiebreaker: Capitals 3, Rangers 1. Rangers shots: 27.