Courtesy of the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
April 23, 2013 (Game 46, Away Game 23)
BB&T Center – Sunrise, FL
Panthers 3, Rangers 2
- The Rangers were defeated by the Florida Panthers, 3-2, tonight at BB&T Center, and are now 8-3-1 in the month of April.
- The Blueshirts have posted a record of 24-18-4 (52 pts) overall, including a 9-12-2 mark on the road this season.
- The Rangers out-shot the Panthers, 38-16, including a 10-2 advantage in the first period and a 17-8 advantage in the third. Dan Girardi led all skaters with a career-high, eight shots on goal in the contest.
- Taylor Pyatt notched a goal to extend his point streak to a season-high, four games (two goals, two assists over the span), registered three shots, and was credited with five hits and two blocked shots in 16:11 of ice time.
- Derick Brassard tallied a goal, led all skaters with a career-high, seven hits, and won 7-13 faceoffs (54%) in 20:34 of ice time. He has now registered 10 points (four goals, six assists) in 11 games as a Ranger.
- Ryan Callahan recorded an assist to extend his point streak to a season-high, five games (three goals, four assists over the span), and registered six shots on goal in 21:14 of ice time. He has now tallied 12 points (five goals, seven assists) in the last 12 games.
- Brad Richards registered an assist to extend his point streak to four games (four goals, four assists over the span), won 11-19 faceoffs (58%), and posted a plus-two rating in 21:03 of ice time.
- Mats Zuccarello tallied an assist, was credited with four hits and two blocked shots, and logged a season-high, 21:06 of ice time. He has now registered five points (three goals, two assists) in the last five games.
- John Moore registered an assist and was credited with two hits in 13:28 of ice time. He has now recorded five points (one goal, four assists) and a plus-seven rating in 11 games as a Ranger.
- Henrik Lundqvist stopped 13 of 15 shots and is now 22-16-3 overall, including a 7-10-2 mark on the road this season. He has now allowed two or fewer goals in 15 of his last 18 games (11-5-2, 1.81 GAA, .930 Sv%, 1 SO over the span).
- Please note the Blueshirts do not have practice scheduled for tomorrow, Apr. 24.
- The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Carolina Hurricanes on Thursday, Apr. 25, at PNC Arena (7:00 p.m. – TV: MSG Network; Radio: ESPN 98.7), to wrap up their 2013 regular season road schedule.