Courtesy of the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
April 16, 2013 (Game 42, Away Game 21)
Wells Fargo Center – Philadelphia, PA
Flyers 4, Rangers 2
- The Rangers were defeated by the Philadelphia Flyers, 4-2, tonight at Wells Fargo Center, and are now 5-2-1 over their last eight games.
- The Blueshirts have posted a record of 21-17-4 (46 pts) overall, including an 8-11-2 mark on the road this season.
- The Rangers out-shot the Flyers, 40-22, including a 17-4 advantage in the third period.
- Derek Stepan notched a goal, tied for the game-high with five shots, and was credited with three takeaways in 22:36 of ice time. He has registered 26 points (12 goals, 14 assists) in the last 24 games, including 10 points (five goals, five assists) in the last eight contests. Stepan is now tied for the team lead in scoring with 35 points this season.
- Mats Zuccarello tallied his first goal of the season and registered two shots in 16:46 of ice time. He has now recorded five points (three goals, two assists) in four career games against Philadelphia.
- Derick Brassard registered an assist to extend his assist streak to three games (three assists), and won 8-16 faceoffs (50%) in 17:52 of ice time. He has now tallied nine points (three goals, six assists) in his last nine games, including seven points (one goal, six assists) in seven games as a Ranger.
- Ryan Callahan tallied an assist and led all forwards with 24:23 of ice time. He has now registered six points (two goals, four assists) in the last eight games.
- John Moore recorded an assist and two shots on goal in 13:00 of ice time. He has now tallied three points (one goal, two assists) in seven games as a Ranger.
- Henrik Lundqvist stopped 18 of 21 shots faced and is now 19-15-3 overall, including a 6-9-2 mark on the road this season.
- Dan Girardi was credited with a team-high, four blocked shots, and registered three shots and three hits in a game-high, 28:29 of ice time.
- Darroll Powe was credited with a team-high, four hits, and registered two shots in 9:23 of ice time.
- The Blueshirts’ practice schedule for tomorrow, Apr. 17, is 12:00 p.m. at MSG Training Center.
- The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Florida Panthers on Thursday, Apr. 18, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m. – TV: MSG Network; Radio: ESPN 98.7), to begin a back-to-back set.