from the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
March 30, 2013 (Game 34, Away Game 16)
Bell Centre – Montreal, QC
Canadiens 3, Rangers 0
- The Rangers were defeated by the Montreal Canadiens, 3-0, tonight at Bell Centre, to complete their three-game road trip with a 1-2-0 record.
- The Blueshirts are now 16-15-3 (35 pts) overall, including a 6-9-1 mark on the road this season.
- Only two of the Rangers and Canadiens last eight meetings have been decided by fewer than three goals – a 5-3 win for the Blueshirts on Nov. 5, 2011 at MSG, and a 3-1 loss on Feb. 19, 2013 a MSG.
- The Rangers out-shot the Canadiens, 34-26, including a 17-10 advantage in the first period.
- The Blueshirts out-hit the Canadiens, 42-23, including 12 players who were credited with two or more hits in the contest.
- Martin Biron made 23 saves and is now 2-2-1 overall, including a 2-2-0 mark on the road this season.
- Ryan Callahan tied for the game-high with five shots and was credited with five hits in 16:49 of ice time.
- Mats Zuccarello led all skaters with a career-high, six hits, and was credited with two blocked shots in 18:16 of ice time while making his season debut with the Rangers after signing as a free agent on Thursday.
- Taylor Pyatt and Brian Boyle were credited with five hits apiece.
- Steve Eminger registered a team-high, three blocked shots, along with three shots on goal and two hits in 18:53 of ice time.
- Derek Stepan won a team-high, 11-19 faceoffs (58%), registered three shots on goal, and was credited with four hits in 16:54 of ice time.
- The Blueshirts’ practice schedule for tomorrow, Mar. 31, is 12:00 p.m. at MSG Training Center.
- The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Winnipeg Jets on Monday, Apr. 1, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m. – TV: MSG Network; Radio: ESPN 98.7).