- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Panthers 3, Rangers 1: Post-game notes, quotes
Posted By Carp On March 21, 2013 @ 10:28 pm In Hockey,Lockout,New York Rangers,NHL,Rangers Report | 19 Comments
From the NYR:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
March 21, 2013 (Game 30, Home Game 17)
Madison Square Garden – New York, NY
Panthers 3, Rangers 1
- The Rangers were defeated by the Florida Panthers, 3-1, tonight at Madison Square Garden, to end their two-game winning streak. New York is now 4-2-0 in their last six home games.
- The Blueshirts have posted a record of 15-13-2 (32 pts) overall, including a 10-6-1 mark at home this season.
- The Rangers registered a season-high, 45 shots in the contest, led by Marian Gaborik’s season-high, eight shots on goal. The 45 shots on goal were the most by the Rangers since March 15, 2011, vs. the New York Islanders (6-3 win, 47 shots).
- The Blueshirts won 33-62 faceoffs (53%), led by Brad Richards’ game-high, 12 faceoff wins (12-23, 52%). Brian Boyle won all 10 of his faceoff attempts.
- Marian Gaborik notched one goal and a game-high, eight shots on goal in 20:06 of ice time. He is now tied for second on the team with nine goals on the season.
- Rick Nash tallied an assist and logged 19:37 of ice time, while skating in his 700th career NHL contest. He has now recorded a point in 12 of his last 16 games, registering eight goals and 10 assists over the span.
- Michael Del Zotto recorded an assist and tied his season-high with six shots on goal in 22:43 of ice time. He has now registered three points (one goal, two assists) in the last two games.
- Henrik Lundqvist made 21 saves and is now 13-12-1 overall, including a 10-6-0 mark at home this season. He has held opponents to three goals or fewer in each of his last 11 games (6-5-0, 1.99 GAA, .929 Sv% over the span), and has held opponents to two or fewer goals in 16 games this season.
- Ryan McDonagh registered a career-high, six shots on goal, and was credited with a team-high, three blocked shots in 25:26 of ice time.
- Ryan Callahan tied his season-high with seven shots on goal and led all forwards with 24:53 of ice time.
- John Tortorella on tonight’s game… “I don’t think our start was great, but it wasn’t as slow as some of the other ones. I don’t think they created a bunch of scoring chances, eight throughout the game. It was mediocre by both (teams) and we’re certainly trying push the issue there. It was a big part of our talk before the game, our start. I don’t think we got the one that we wanted to.”
- Dan Girardi on the team’s start… “Every other team seems to come out really hard and put us on our heels. We have to find a way on the first shift and second shift, just throw everything we have at them in the first couple of shifts and create some momentum that way.”
- Ryan Callahan on tonight’s game… “We’d be concerned if we weren’t getting the chances. We had 40-something (45) shots on net. You do that on a nightly basis, you get those chances on a nightly basis you’re going to get more than one goal easily.”
- Please note the Blueshirts do not have practice scheduled for tomorrow, Mar. 22. The Rangers’ next practice is scheduled for 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, Mar. 23, at MSG Training Center.
- The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Washington Capitals on Sunday, Mar. 24, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m. – TV: MSG Network; Radio: ESPN 98.7).
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2013/03/21/panthers-3-rangers-1-post-game-notes-quotes/