Courtesy of the NYR:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
March 19, 2013 (Game 29, Away Game 13)
Prudential Center – Newark, NJ
Rangers 3, Devils 2
- The Rangers defeated the New Jersey Devils, 3-2, tonight at Prudential Center, to sweep their back-to-back set.
- The Blueshirts improved to 15-12-2 (32 pts) overall, including a 5-7-1 mark on the road this season.
- New York has posted a combined record of 4-4-0 in back-to-back games, including a 1-3-0 (1-1-0 on the road) record in the second game.
- The Rangers have registered a point in 14 of their last 21 games against the Devils, posting a record of 12-7-2 over the span.
- The Rangers are 21-9-3 overall (11-4-1 at home; 10-5-2 on the road) against the Devils since 2007-08, including a 10-5-2 record on the road during the stretch. Henrik Lundqvist is 21-9-2 with a 2.00 GAA, .927 Sv% and six shutouts in 32 games over the span.
- The Rangers and Devils have now been separated by two goals or less in 15 of their last 19 meetings.
- Michael Del Zotto notched a shorthanded goal, tallied the lone assist on the game-winning goal, registered three shots and three hits, and posted a plus-two rating in 20:51 of ice time. The shorthanded goal was his 100th career NHL point.
- Henrik Lundqvist made 29 saves to improve to 13-11-1 overall, including a 3-6-1 mark on the road this season. He has held opponents to three goals or fewer in each of his last 10 games (6-4-0, 1.99 GAA, .931 Sv% over the span), and has held opponents to two or fewer goals in 15 games this season.
- Lundqvist, who made 29 saves and stopped 2-2 in the shootout last night in a 2-1 win against Carolina, has started on consecutive days 63 times in his career, posting a record of 39-17-7 with a 1.92 goals against average, .932 save percentage and six shutouts in the second game.
- Rick Nash tallied the game-winning goal and registered four shots in 18:39 of ice time. He has tallied a point in 11 of his last 15 games, recording 17 points (eight goals, nine assists) over the span. Nash is now one goal shy of his 300th career NHL goal, and is one appearance shy of his 700th career NHL game.
- Carl Hagelin registered a goal, tied for the game-high with five shots, and posted a plus-two rating in 18:18 of ice time. He has now tallied 15 points (seven goals, eight assists) in the last 19 games, including six points (one goal, five assists) in the last eight contests.
- Derek Stepan recorded a shorthanded assist, was credited with three hits and posted a plus-two rating in 20:43 of ice time. He has now tallied a point in nine of the last 11 games, registering 11 points (five goals, six assists) over the span.
- Ryan Callahan tallied an assist, was credited with three hits and two blocked shots, and logged 21:45 of ice time. He has now tallied eight points (four goals, four assists) in the last nine games, including a point in five of the last six contests (two goals, three assists), and is one assist shy of his 100th career NHL assist.
- Dan Girardi registered an assist, was credited with two blocked shots and posted a plus-two rating in a game-high, 29:30 of ice time. He is now tied for the team lead among defensemen with nine assists this season.
- The Blueshirts practice schedule for tomorrow, Mar. 20, is 12:00 p.m. at MSG Training Center.
- The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Florida Panthers on Thursday, Mar. 21, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m. – TV: MSG Network; Radio: ESPN 98.7), in the first of two consecutive games against Southeast Division opponents.