Courtesy of the NYR:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
March 16, 2013 (Game 27, Away Game 12)
CONSOL Energy Center – Pittsburgh, PA
Penguins 3, Rangers 0
– The Rangers were defeated by the Pittsburgh Penguins, 3-0, today at CONSOL Energy Center, to complete their four-game road trip.
– The Blueshirts have posted a record of 13-12-2 (28 pts) overall, including a 4-7-1 mark on the road this season.
– The Rangers have been awarded two or fewer power play opportunities in each of the last five contests.
– The Blueshirts out-hit the Penguins, 26-14, led by J.T. Miller’s game-high, five hits. Derek Stepan and Brian Boyle were also credited with four hits apiece.
– The Rangers won 32-54 faceoffs (59%), led by Derek Stepan’s game-high, 15 faceoff wins (15-25, 60%). Brad Richards also won 9-14 faceoffs (64%) in the contest.
– Henrik Lundqvist made 24 saves and is now 11-11-1 overall, including a 2-6-1 mark on the road this season. He has held opponents to three goals or fewer in each of his last eight games, posting a 4-4-0 mark with a 2.12 goals against average and .926 save percentage over the span.
– Steve Eminger was credited with a team-high, four blocked shots, and logged a season-high, 21:32 of ice time.
– Carl Hagelin registered a game-high, five shots on goal in 17:21 of ice time. Hagelin ranks second on the team with 90 shots on goal this season.
– Ryan McDonagh recorded three shots on goal, and was credited with two hits and three blocked shots in a team-high, 24:09 of ice time.
– Please note the Blueshirts do not have practice scheduled for tomorrow, Mar. 17.
– The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Carolina Hurricanes on Monday, Mar. 18, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m. – TV: MSG Network; Radio: ESPN 98.7), in the first game of a back-to-back set.