- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Jets 3, Rangers 1: Post-game notes
Posted By Carp On March 14, 2013 @ 11:40 pm In Hockey,Lockout,New York Rangers,NHL,Rangers Report | 209 Comments
From the NYR:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
March 14, 2013 (Game 26, Away Game 11)
MTS Centre – Winnipeg, MB
Jets 3, Rangers 1
- The Rangers were defeated by the Winnipeg Jets, 3-1, tonight at MTS Centre, and are now 5-3-0 in the last eight games.
- The Blueshirts have posted a record of 13-11-2 (28 pts) overall, including a 4-6-1 mark on the road this season.
- The Rangers won 33-56 faceoffs (59%) in the contest, led by Brad Richards’ game-high, 12 faceoff wins (12-18, 67%).
- Ryan Callahan notched the Rangers’ lone goal at 1:11 of the second period, and registered three shots on goal, two hits, and tied for the game-high with three blocked shots in 18:50 of ice time. He has tallied a point in three straight games (two goals, one assist during the streak), and has recorded six points (four goals, two assists) in the last six contests. Callahan is now tied for the team lead with nine goals on the season.
- Henrik Lundqvist stopped 30 of 32 shots faced and is now 11-10-1 overall, including a 2-5-1 mark on the road this season. It is the sixth time Lundqvist has posted 30 or more saves in a game this season (1-4-1, 2.47 GAA, .930 Sv% in those contests).
- Ryan McDonagh tallied an assist, tied for the team-high with four hits, and was credited with two blocked shots in 23:54 of ice time. He has now registered 11 points (two goals, nine assists) in his last 16 games, including six assists in the last eight contests.
- Derek Stepan recorded the primary assist on Callahan’s goal and logged 20:05 of ice time in the contest. He has now tallied points in seven of the last eight games (four goals, five assists over the span), including a point in each of the last three games (two goals, one assists during the streak).
- Brian Boyle was credited with four hits and won 7-10 faceoffs (70%) in 13:44 of ice time.
- Rick Nash registered a game-high, six shots, and led all forwards with 22:57 of ice time.
- Anton Stralman was credited with four hits and two blocked shots in 21:02 of ice time.
- Michael Del Zotto was credited with two hits and two blocked shots, registered three shots on goal, and logged a game-high, 27:41 of ice time.
- The Blueshirts’ practice schedule for tomorrow, Mar. 15, is 3:00 p.m. at CONSOL Energy Center in Pittsburgh, PA.
- The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday, Mar. 16, at CONSOL Energy Center (1:00 p.m. – TV: MSG Network; Radio: ESPN 98.7), to conclude their four-game road trip.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2013/03/14/jets-3-rangers-1-post-game-notes/