- Rangers Report Blog - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Rangers-Sabres in review; Live chat today at noon
Posted By Carp On March 12, 2013 @ 11:35 pm In Hockey,Lockout,New York Rangers,NHL,Rangers Report | 310 Comments
Please join us for what should be a lively Live Chat at noon. Tell your boss you have permission from me to stop working for an hour or two. Tell him/her about the game you watched last night and that you have to go talk about it for the welfare of yourself and all of your co-workers.
2) While I agreed with everything John Tortorella said about his team sucking, there is no reason in the world he should be so disrespectful toward Sam Rosen.
3) Maybe the Rangers should have taken more penalties, because the Baby Buffaloes looked so lost, and the crowd at Whatever That Arena is Called These Days sounded so on edge during Buffalo power plays. The Rangers scored their only goal short-handed and only appeared to have anything at all going during those penalties. Because they sure stunk at even strength.
4) And anybody complaining about the power plays being 5-1 in favor of Buffalo: A) Shut up, Jack Capuano and B) The Rangers drew none, against a team known for taking a lot of penalties. That kinda tells you how poorly the Rangers played in their offensive zone. And Captain Callahan admitted that you end up taking a lot of stick penalties (hook, trip) when you’re not moving your feet that extra step. 
5) Say anything you want about this game. You are NOT going too far in games where your No. 1 line and No. 1 defensive pair play like that. I’ve said all along, the bottom six is worse this year, by a fair amount, than last year’s bottom six. But this game was lost in the top six and the top D-men.
6) The first goal was an awful play by Brad Richards, Rick Nash (sliding out of zone) and Ryan McDonagh, who didn’t come close to tying up Marcus Foligno. Give Foligno credit for a nifty stick-between-his-legs shot on the goal, but it wouldn’t have taken much to prevent it.
7) The second goal was even worse. Tomas Vanek gets behind Dan Girardi on a touchdown pass. I mean, he’s done that to a lot of defensemen and goalies this year. But you have to be more aware of him and you can’t let him beat you that easily because he’s that good.
8) On the third goal, Richards watched the puck go past him on the wall, then went for a change as the puck was headed into the defensive zone. J.T. Miller made a bad play off the bench, and McDonagh again failed to tie up Foligno in front. Bing, bing, bing.
9) And that sick save Henrik Lundqvist made on Vanek early on, McDonagh fumbled the puck, Girardi and Carl Hagelin did drive-bys.
10) Not to spread the blame—because it’s a pretty bad game when Micheal Haley has to play on the second line (and he did fine there) but it was a pretty awful game for plenty of others, too, including Steve Eminger and Matt Gilroy.
11) Marian Gaborik. I don’t even know what to say anymore. Guy has a couple of chances every game. Doesn’t do much else. Disappears. Gets too much blame where others don’t, obviously. Needs to be a lot better. 
12) That all said, this game is on the offense, or lack thereof. You have to make a goalie like that make some saves, and they didn’t.
13) I thought Micheal Del Zotto was decent, but he made a mind-numbing play in the second, with the Rangers going for a change, he stepped in front of the bench and into the Buffalo zone and fired a shot wide, which could have been a 4-on-1 the other way, easily.
14) When you have a lot of hits, it usually means you don’t have the puck. and I believe the Rangers are in the top three in the league in hits. Same thing for blocked shots
15) How come MSG’s “fastest 150 seconds in the National Hockey League” always includes so much basketball?
My Three Rangers Stars:
1. Derek Stepan.
2. Ryan Callahan.
3. Micheal Haley (I couldn’t think of anybody else).
RangerJHW’s Three Rangers Stars:
Your poll vote for Three Rangers Stars:
1. Ryan Callahan (25.23 %).
2. Derek Stepan (20.56 %).
3. Henrik Lundqvist (14.02 %).
Photos by Getty Images.
Article printed from Rangers Report Blog: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2013/03/12/rangers-sabres-in-review-live-chat-today-at-noon/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/files/2013/03/sabres-celebrate.jpg
 Image: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/files/2013/03/enroth.jpg
 Image: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/files/2013/03/foligno-leap.jpg
 Image: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/files/2013/03/vanek.jpg
 Image: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/files/2013/03/stralman-lundqvist-on-bench.jpg
 Image: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/files/2013/03/foligno-mascot.jpg