- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Canadiens 3, Rangers 0: Post-game notes
Posted By Carp On February 23, 2013 @ 11:14 pm In Hockey,Lockout,New York Rangers,NHL,Rangers Report | 212 Comments
Courtesy of the NYR:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
February 23, 2013 (Game 17, Away Game 7)
Bell Centre – Montreal, QC
Canadiens 3, Rangers 0
- The Rangers were defeated by the Montreal Canadiens, 3-0, tonight at Bell Centre. New York is now 4-2-2 in their last eight contests.
- The Blueshirts have posted a record of 8-7-2 (18 pts) overall, including a 2-4-1 mark on the road this season.
- Five of the Rangers and Canadiens last seven meetings have been decided by three or more goals.
- The Rangers held the Canadiens to three shots on goal in the First and Third Periods, which ties their season-low for fewest shots allowed in a period this season. New York also held Montreal to three shots on goal in the First Period of their game on Tuesday at Madison Square Garden.
- The Blueshirts out-hit the Canadiens, 32-13, in the contest, including 10 players who were credited with two or more hits. Dan Girardi, Brian Boyle and Brandon Mashinter tied for the game-high with four hits apiece.
- The Rangers won 33-59 faceoffs (56%), led by Brad Richards (9-14, 64%) and J.T. Miller (6-9, 67%).
- Christian Thomas was credited with three hits and registered two shots on goal in 12:46 of ice time while making his NHL debut. Thomas is the 10th new player to skate for the Rangers this season – Jeff Halpern, Rick Nash, Taylor Pyatt, Brandon Segal, Arron Asham, Benn Ferriero, Darroll Powe, J.T. Miller and Brandon Mashinter – and the third Ranger to make their NHL regular season debut, along with Chris Kreider and J.T. Miller.
- Dan Girardi was credited with a game-high, eight blocked shots, registered four hits and logged 27:04 of ice time. Entering tonight’s contest, he led the team in blocked shots and time on ice, and was tied for 16th in the NHL in blocked shots.
- Martin Biron made 15 saves and is now 1-1-1 overall, including a 1-1-0 mark on the road this season.
- Please note the Blueshirts do not have practice scheduled for tomorrow, Feb. 24. The Rangers’ next practice is scheduled for 11:00 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 25, at MSG Training Center.
- The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Winnipeg Jets on Tuesday, Feb. 26, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m. – TV: MSG Network; Radio: ESPN 98.7), to begin a four-game homestand.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2013/02/23/canadiens-3-rangers-0-post-game-notes/