- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Posted By On February 5, 2013 @ 10:47 pm In Hockey,New York Rangers,NHL | 228 Comments
Courtesy of the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
February 5, 2013 (Game 9, Away Game 4)
Prudential Center – Newark, NJ
Devils 3, Rangers 1
– The Rangers were defeated by the New Jersey Devils, 3-1, tonight at Prudential Center.
– The Blueshirts are now 4-5-0 overall, including a 1-3-0 mark on the road this season.
– The Rangers and Devils have been separated by two goals or less in 14 of their last 18 meetings.
– The Rangers won 32-58 faceoffs (55%) in the contest, led by Brad Richards (11-20, 55%) and Derek Stepan (10-18, 56%).
– The Blueshirts have now had eight new players on their roster this season, with Darroll Powe and J.T. Miller both making their Rangers debut in tonight’s contest.
– Chris Kreider notched his first career NHL regular season point with the Rangers’ lone goal, while making his return to the lineup after missing the previous five games (last four due to injury). Kreider tallied three goals and four points in six playoff contests against the Devils last season.
– Brad Richards tallied an assist, registered three shots on goal and won a game-high, 11-20 faceoffs (55%) in 21:18 of ice time. He has now recorded an assist in each of the last two games, and leads the team in assists (six) and is tied for first in points (eight) this season.
– J.T. Miller registered two shots on goal and posted a plus-one rating in 14:25 of ice time while making his NHL debut. Miller was originally selected by the Rangers as a first round choice, 15th overall, in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
– Darroll Powe was credited with two hits in 8:33 of ice time while making his Rangers debut. Powe was acquired by the Rangers from Minnesota yesterday, along with Nick Palmieri, in exchange for Mike Rupp.
– Henrik Lundqvist made 19 saves and is 3-5-0 overall, including an 0-3-0 mark on the road this season. He has now faced-off against Martin Brodeur in 35 career regular season games (23-7-5).
– The Blueshirts’ practice schedule for tomorrow, Feb. 6, is 12:00 p.m. at MSG Training Center.
– The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the New York Islanders on Thursday, Feb. 7, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m. – TV: MSG Network; Radio: ESPN 98.7), in an Atlantic Division matchup.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2013/02/05/post-game-notes-123/