- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Posted By Carp On February 2, 2013 @ 11:17 pm In Hockey,Lockout,New York Rangers,NHL | 310 Comments
Courtesy of the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
February 2, 2013 (Game 8, Away Game 3)
Tampa Bay Times Forum – Tampa, FL
Rangers 3, Lightning 2
– The Rangers defeated the Tampa Bay Lightning, 3-2, tonight at Tampa Bay Times Forum for their first win away from MSG this season.
– The Blueshirts improved to 4-4-0 overall, including a 1-2-0 mark on the road this season. New York has won four of their last six contests.
– Seven of the last eight meetings between the Rangers and Lightning have been decided by one goal.
– The Rangers have now registered a point in 14 of their last 17 games against the Lightning, improving to 10-3-4 over the span dating back to a 2-1 win at Tampa Bay on Oct. 4, 2008.
– Martin Biron turned aside 30 of 32 shots while making his first start and second appearance of the season. He is now 8-3-0 in 11 games against Southeast Division opponents since joining the Rangers in 2010-11.
– Carl Hagelin notched the eventual game-winning goal at 14:47 of the third period, added an assist and registered four shots on goal in 19:29 of ice time. He has now tallied three points (one goal, two assists) in five career games against Tampa Bay.
– Rick Nash notched one goal and registered a team-high, six shots on goal in 23:01 of ice time to earn first star honors. He has now recorded four points (one goal, three assists) in the last four games, and currently ranks second in the NHL with 35 shots on goal this season.
– Derek Stepan tallied a goal, registered four shots on goal and four hits, and posted a plus-two rating in 18:26 of ice time to earn second star honors. He has now recorded 10 points (five goals, five assists) in nine career games against Tampa Bay.
– Taylor Pyatt recorded two assists, including the lone assist on Hagelin’s game-winning goal, and posted a plus-two rating in 18:23 of ice time. He is now tied for fifth on the team in scoring with five points (three goals, two assists) in eight games this season.
– Marc Staal tallied one assist, tied for the game-high with five hits and led all skaters with three blocked shots in 22:53 of ice time. He has now registered four points (one goal, three assists) in the last six games, and is 10 points shy of his 100th career NHL point.
– Brad Richards recorded one assist and led all Rangers forwards with 23:25 of ice time. He is now tied for the team lead with five assists, and second in scoring with seven points in eight games this season. Richards has registered 11 points (three goals, eight assists) in eight career games against Tampa Bay.
– Please note the Rangers do not have practice scheduled for tomorrow, Feb. 3. The Blueshirts’ next practice is scheduled for Monday, Feb. 4, at 11:00 a.m. at MSG Training Center.
– The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the New Jersey Devils on Tuesday, Feb. 5, at Prudential Center (7:00 p.m. – TV: MSG Network; Radio: ESPN 98.7), in an Atlantic Division matchup.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2013/02/02/post-game-notes-122/