- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Post-game notes, quotes
Posted By On January 31, 2013 @ 10:59 pm In Hockey,New York Rangers,NHL | 87 Comments
Courtesy of the NYR:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
January 31, 2013 (Game 7, Home Game 5)
Madison Square Garden – New York, NY
Penguins 3, Rangers 0.
– The Rangers were defeated by the Pittsburgh Penguins, 3-0, tonight at Madison Square Garden, to finish their three-game homestand with a 2-1-0 mark. The loss ended the Rangers’ three-game winning streak at home.
– The Blueshirts are now 3-4-0 (6 pts) overall, including a 3-2-0 mark at MSG this season.
– The Rangers out-hit the Penguins, 34-22, with 16 of 18 skaters being credited with at least one hit in the contest. Anton Stralman led all Rangers and tied for the game-high with four hits in the contest.
– Anton Stralman tallied season-highs in shots (five) and hits (four) in 16:04 of ice time.
– Henrik Lundqvist made 26 saves and is now 3-4-0 overall, including a 3-2-0 mark at home this season.
– Derek Stepan led the team with a season-high, six shots on goal, was credited with three hits and won 7-13 faceoffs (54%) in 17:12 of ice time.
– Brian Boyle and Carl Hagelin tied for the game-high with three blocked shots apiece.
– Brad Richards registered four shots on goal and won a team-high, 15-26 faceoffs (58%) in 20:25 of ice time.
– Dan Girardi on tonight’s game… “We wanted to be physical on their top guys and I thought we were pretty good at that. We just couldn’t get much going offensively. We held the puck for a minute and they turned it around and came back and trapped it on us. It wasn’t the game we wanted to follow up a couple of wins with that’s for sure.”
– Ryan McDonagh on tonight’s game… “We were kind of playing too tentative, I think. We weren’t playing with that aggressive mindset we had the last two games. That is what won us those two games – being aggressive, taking chances, getting in on the forecheck, taking two more hard strides in the neutral zone to get to the puck. We just didn’t have that aggressive mindset, and kind of let them play their game.”
– The Blueshirts’ practice schedule for tomorrow, Feb. 1, is 11:00 a.m. at MSG Training Center.
– The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Tampa Bay Lightningon Saturday, Feb. 2, at Tampa Bay Times Forum (7:00 p.m. – TV: MSG Plus; Radio: Bloomberg Radio), to begin a two-game road trip.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2013/01/31/post-game-notes-quotes-114/