- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Posted By On January 19, 2013 @ 11:17 pm In Hockey,New York Rangers,NHL | 24 Comments
Courtesy of the NYR:
– The Rangers opened their 2013 regular season campaign tonight with a 3-1 loss against the Boston Bruins at TD Garden.
– The Blueshirts penalty kill was 7-7 (100%) in the contest.
– The Rangers out-hit the Bruins, 34-27, and were credited with 10 blocked shots in the contest.
– Four players made their Rangers debut in tonight’s contest: Jeff Halpern, Rick Nash, Taylor Pyatt and Brandon Segal. Rookie Chris Kreider also made his NHL regular season debut after skating in 18 playoff contests with the Rangers last season.
– Tonight’s loss ended the Rangers’ four-game winning streak at TD Garden. The Blueshirts are now 5-2-0 in their last seven games at Boston.
– Brad Richards tallied the Rangers’ first goal of the season at 12:50 of the second period. He finished the contest with a team-high (tie), three shots on goal, and led all forwards with 21:46 of ice time. Richards has now notched seven goals and 13 points in 12 career season openers.
– Rick Nash recorded the primary assist on Richards’ goal and was credited with two hits in 21:41 of ice time, while making his Rangers debut. He has now tallied five assists and 10 points in 10 career season-opening games.
– Henrik Lundqvist turned aside 31 of 34 shots in the contest. Last season, he made 30+ saves in 18 contests, posting a record of 12-5-1 with a 2.08 goals against average, .941 save percentage and two shutouts in those contests. Lundqvist is now 4-2-1 with a 2.42 goals against average and .919 save percentage in seven career season-opening games.
– Dan Girardi registered an assist and led all skaters with three blocked shots and 24:47 of ice time. Girardi has now tallied four assists in six career season openers.
– Brandon Segal has been assigned to the Connecticut Whale of the American Hockey League (AHL). Segal was credited with one blocked shot in 5:21 of ice time while making his Rangers debut in tonight’s season opener at Boston.
– The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Pittsburgh Penguins tomorrow, Jan. 20, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m. – TV: MSG Network; Radio: ESPN 98.7), in their 2013 regular season home opener.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2013/01/19/post-game-notes-121/