- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Thursday hockey talk
Posted By Carp On August 9, 2012 @ 2:54 am In Hockey,New York Rangers,NHL | 177 Comments
Not going to update you on the vacation so far … you don’t need to know the details of my golf swing, the cost of the new garage door springs, or that I still haven’t gotten my computer back from the geek, who’s had it since Saturday.
Before we get back to our roster of fine guest bloggers (and before I settle in to watch the PGA) I just want to update on some hockey news yesterday:
1) The players and owners met again, and this time they got heated over supplemental discipline … this may sound like an important issue, and maybe it is, but this isn’t a make-or-break on the CBA agenda. Suffice it to say, that will be hashed out once the main topic—$$$$$$—is completed. And suffice it to say that I expect that once owners have the money numbers they want, they’ll capitulate on the issues such as supplemental discipline, and therefor supplemental discipline will be even more of a joke than it was last year, if that’s possible.
2) Adam Rotter had an item yesterday that with the new renovations at MSG, there will, finally, be blue seats again, back where they belong. I imagine they won’t be the same price they were last time.
3) Blueshirt United had an interview with Marian Gaborik, who reported that his shoulder is doing well, that he’s rehabbing and working out.
4) Finally, our friend 4everanger, posted this in the comments yesterday. I thought it was interesting and could provide some chatter:
Strictly for entertainment purpose and to generate and intensify some activity.
Trying to keep hockey-themed conversation, I made a “pseudo-scientific” attempt to (kind of) sort, categorize and put on shelves my personal emotions toward all the teams in the League. Here is My emotional hockey menu:
Team I love with passion: NYR
Teams I like: Red Wings, Vancouver Canucks, Tampa Bay Lightings
Teams I sympathize with (now): St. Louis Blues, Columbus Blue Jackets, Phoenix Coyotes, Carolina Hurricanes,Buffalo Sabers.
Teams I pay some elevated attention to: LA Kings, Chicago Blackhawks, Washington Capitals, Ottawa Senators.
Teams I am indifferent to: Dallas Stars, Winnipeg Jets, Calgary Flames, Minnesota Wild, Colorado Avalanche, Nashville Preds, Anaheim Ducks, Florida Panthers, Edmonton, San Jose Sharks
Teams I actively dislike: NY Islanders, Boston Bruins, Montreal Canadiens, Toronto Maple Leafs
Teams I really hate: Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins
Team I hate with particular passion: NJ Devils
Feel free to express yours emotional ranks and thoughts…
So go to it. Fore.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2012/08/09/thursday-hockey-talk/