- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Devils-Kings Game 5 in review
Posted By Carp On June 10, 2012 @ 3:00 am In Hockey,New York Rangers,NHL,Stanley Cup playoffs | 129 Comments
1) I thought some of the Kings took some shortcuts they hadn’t been taking, and dodging hits they’d been absorbing, in Game 5. And Captain America Dustin Brown stunk in Game 5, including that lazy penalty.
2) Milk Carton Clarkson sure scores a lot of goals, or is responsible for a lot of goals, without necessarily shooting pucks.
3) Somebody call Elias Sports Bureau and find out the record for posts hit by one team in a final series.
4) Nice Bryzgalov by Conn Smythe Quick, but that was some serious hustle and hands by Future Ranger Zach Parise.
5) Did Future Ranger play his final home game as a Devil? Or will there be a Game 7?
6) That stat, that since the 1940s or whatever, no team has ever forced Game 6 after trailing 3-0, that just means in the finals. Because it has happened in other series many times. I don’t get how people differentiate a best-of-seven in the third round from a best-of-seven in the fourth round statistically.
7) I don’t mind having at least one more hockey game to watch. Not one bit. But man am I glad—thrilled, ecstatic—that I’m not one of those poor media saps who have to schlep back across the continent today, then schlep back, maybe for another game in beautiful downtown Newark. On this day in 1994, I was freakin’ at wits end making that needless trip back to Vancouver.
8) Mike Richards is so dangerous short-handed. But how about that play by Marek Zidlicky to separate Richards from the puck in open ice in the high slot?
9) Can’t NBC A) turn down the volume on the arena noise when it hits that ridiculously deafening level in Newark?; B) stop using that corner ice-level camera and then making us dizzy trying to find the puck when they so quickly spin back to the center-ice camera?; C) Stop the closeups immediately after every whistle that make us miss other stuff happening on the ice (like Clarkson and Willie Mitchell mixing it up, or Martin Brodeur and the officials searching for a puck that hit the crossbar and went into the crowd)?
10) This never ceases to amaze me: That so many people who cover or did cover the Devils on TV and radio mispronounce Brodeur. It’s Bro-der. The way Eddie Olczyk and Ken Daneyko say it. Not Bro-door. Not Bro-dure. For cripes sakes, the guy’s going straight to the Hall of Fame and people who covered so much of his career can’t say his name correctly?
AP photo, above.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2012/06/10/devils-kings-game-5-in-review/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/files/2012/06/parise.jpg