A few quick notes:
• Henrik Lundqvist entered Game 5 6-1 with a 1.29 goals-against average, a .959 save percentage and two shutouts after Rangers’ losses this postseason. He allowed four goals on 16 shots Wednesday night, including three on the first five shots.
• Marian Gaborik stopped a five-game drought without a goal when he tied the game in the opening minute of the third period.
• Brandon Dubinsky (foot/ankle) dressed for the first time since Game 7 of the opening-round series against Ottawa. He played 15:24 and had an assist — just his second point in eight playoff games.
• Ryan Callahan scored a goal, had a game-high six hits and blocked a shot (that went unrecorded on the scoresheet).
• The Rangers are now 9-2 in odd-numbered games this postseason. Their only other loss came in another Game 5 — in the first round against Ottawa.
Brandon Dubinsky:[audio:http://lohud.com/audio/rangers/20120523 dubinsky.MP3]
Ruslan Fedotenko:[audio:http://lohud.com/audio/rangers/20120523 feds.MP3]
Marc Staal:[audio:http://lohud.com/audio/rangers/20120523 staal.MP3]
Henrik Lundqvist:[audio:http://lohud.com/audio/rangers/20120523 lundqvist.MP3]