Courtesy of the NYR:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
Eastern Conference Final, Game 4
Prudential Center – Newark, NJ
(Series tied 2-2) 1st 2nd 3rd T
New York Rangers 0 0 1 1
New Jersey Devils 2 0 2 4
- The Rangers were defeated by the New Jersey Devils, 4-1, tonight at Prudential Center in Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Final. The series is now tied at two games apiece.
- New York is now 208-224-8 overall in postseason action, including a 92-137-6 mark on the road.
- Tonight’s contest marked the first time the Rangers allowed more than three goals in a contest during these playoffs. New York tied an NHL record by holding their opponents to three goals or less in 17 consecutive games to begin the postseason.
- Ruslan Fedotenko notched his first playoff goal as a Ranger with New York’s lone tally, and was credited with two hits in 16:19 of ice time. He has registered three points (one goal, two assists) in the series.
- Brad Richards registered an assist to extend his assist streak to three games (three assists over the span), and recorded three shots on goal in 20:37 of ice time. He leads the team and is now tied for third in playoff scoring with 14 points (six goals, eight assists).
- Michael Del Zotto tallied an assist and was credited with two hits in 11:07 of ice time. He has tallied nine points (two goals, seven assists) in the last 13 games, and is now tied for first among NHL defensemen with eight assists in postseason action.
- Henrik Lundqvist stopped 26 of 29 shots faced, and is now 25-28 overall in the playoffs with an 11-16 mark on the road.
- Marian Gaborik tied for the game-high with five shots on goal in 17:14 of ice time.
- The Blueshirts’ practice schedule for tomorrow, May 22, is 1:45 p.m. at Madison Square Garden.
- The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the New Jersey Devils on Wednesday, May 23, at Madison Square Garden (8:00 p.m.), in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Final. The game will be televised live on NBC Sports Network, and can be heard on ESPN Radio 98.7FM.