- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Posted By On May 9, 2012 @ 11:01 pm In Hockey,New York Rangers,NHL,Stanley Cup playoffs | 15 Comments
Courtesy of the NYR:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
Eastern Conference Semifinals, Game 6
Verizon Center – Washington, DC
(Series tied 3-3) 1st 2nd 3rd T
New York Rangers 0 0 1 1
Washington Capitals 1 1 0 2
– The Rangers were defeated by the Washington Capitals, 2-1, tonight at Verizon Center in Game 6 of their Eastern Conference Semifinal series. The series is now tied at three games apiece.
– New York is now 205-222-8 overall in postseason action, including a 91-136-6 mark on the road.
– The Rangers out-hit the Capitals, 37-33, led by Brandon Prust’s game-high, seven hits. The Blueshirts lead the league with 453 hits in postseason action.
– Marian Gaborik notched the Rangers’ lone goal at 19:09 of the third period, and registered three shots on goal in 23:26 of ice time. He has tallied a point in five of the last six games, registering six points (three goals, three assists) over the span.
– Dan Girardi tallied the primary assist on Gaborik’s goal, was credited with three hits and recorded a playoff career-high, four shots on goal in a game-high, 27:45 of ice time. He has recorded three assists in the last four games, and is now tied for the NHL lead among defensemen in scoring with seven points and ranks second with six assists.
– Derek Stepan recorded an assist and was credited with three hits in 16:35 of ice time. He has tallied an assist in each of the last two games, and is now tied for third in the NHL with seven assists in postseason action.
– Henrik Lundqvist made 21 saves and is now 22-26 overall in the playoffs, including a 10-15 mark on the road. He has now held opponents to two or fewer goals in nine games during the playoffs.
– The Blueshirts do not have practice scheduled for tomorrow, May 10. The Rangers’ next practice is scheduled for 11:00 a.m. on Friday, May 11, at MSG Training Center.
– The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Washington Capitals on Saturday, May 12, at Madison Square Garden (7:30 p.m.), in Game 7 of their Eastern Conference Semifinal matchup.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2012/05/09/post-game-notes-119/