- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Posted By On May 5, 2012 @ 4:56 pm In Hockey,New York Rangers,NHL | 152 Comments
Courtesy of the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
Eastern Conference Semifinals, Game 4
Verizon Center – Washington, DC
(Series tied 2-2) 1st 2nd 3rd T
New York Rangers 0 2 0 2
Washington Capitals 1 1 1 3
– The Rangers were defeated by the Washington Capitals, 3-2, today at Verizon Center in Game 4 of their Eastern Conference Semifinal series. The series is now tied at two games apiece.
– New York is now 205-221-8 overall in postseason action, including a 91-135-6 mark on the road.
– The Rangers out-hit the Capitals, 33-24, led by Ryan Callahan’s game-high, five hits, and Ruslan Fedotenko’s four hits. New York had 17 of 18 skaters record at least one hit in the contest.
– Artem Anisimov led all skaters with two points, including one goal and one assist, in 18:48 of ice time to earn third star honors. He has now tallied three points (two goals, one assist) in the series.
– Marian Gaborik notched a goal at 16:43 of the second period to extend his point streak to four games (two goals, three assists over the span). He is now tied for second on the team with three goals, and ranks second on the Rangers in scoring with eight points in 11 playoff contests.
– Dan Girardi tallied the primary assist on Anisimov’s goal and was credited with three hits in 22:46 of ice time. He has recorded an assist in each of the last two contests, and is now tied for second among NHL defensemen with five assists and six points in the playoffs.
– Marc Staal recorded an assist, was credited with three hits and logged a game-high, 24:20 of ice time. He has now tallied three points (one goal, two assists) in the last six games.
– Brian Boyle registered his first career NHL playoff assist, and logged 18:57 of ice time. He is now tied for eighth on the team in playoff scoring with four points in eight games.
– Henrik Lundqvist made 23 saves and is now 21-25 overall in postseason action, including a 10-14 mark on the road.
– The Blueshirts practice schedule for tomorrow, May 6, is 12:00 p.m. at MSG Training Center.
– The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Washington Capitals on Monday, May 7, at Madison Square Garden (7:30 p.m.), in Game 5 of their Eastern Conference Semifinal matchup. The game will be televised live on NBC Sports Network, and can be heard on ESPN New York 98.7 FM.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2012/05/05/post-game-notes-118/