- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Post-game notes, quotes
Posted By Carp On April 30, 2012 @ 11:28 pm In Hockey,New York Rangers,NHL | 44 Comments
Courtesy of the NYR:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
Eastern Conference Semifinals, Game 2
Madison Square Garden – New York, NY
(Series tied 1-1)
- The Rangers were defeated by the Washington Capitals, 3-2, tonight at Madison Square Garden in Game 2 of their Eastern Conference Semifinal series. The series is now tied at one game apiece.
- New York is now 203-220-8 overall in postseason action, including a 113-86-2 mark at home.
- The Blueshirts tallied one goal in three power play attempts (4:56) to improve to 6-39 (15.4%) in nine playoff contests. The Rangers also notched a goal while skating four on four, and are now plus-one in seven four on four situations (9:47) in the postseason.
- The Rangers were credited with 45 hits in the contest, led by Ryan Callahan’s game-high, eight hits and Chris Kreider’s career-high, seven hits. Callahan leads the NHL with 46 hits in the playoffs.
- Michael Del Zotto recorded two assists, including one on the power play, and four shots on goal in 25:08 of ice time. It was his first career multi-point effort in the playoffs, and he has now tallied three assists in the last four games.
- Brad Richards notched a goal while skating four on four, and added a power play assist in 21:51 of ice time. He has recorded seven points (three goals, four assists) in the last six games, and leads the Rangers in postseason scoring with four goals and eight points in nine games. Richards also led the team with five shots in the contest, and won a game-high, 15 faceoffs (15-29, 52%).
- Ryan Callahan tallied a power play goal, was credited with a game-high, eight hits, and led all forwards with three blocked shots in 22:25 of ice time. He is now tied for the team lead and fourth in the NHL with two power play goals in the playoffs.
- Marian Gaborik recorded the primary assist on Richards’ four on four goal, and logged 20:29 of ice time. He has now registered an assist in each of the last two games, and is tied for the team-lead with four playoff assists.
- Henrik Lundqvist made 22 saves, and is now 20-24 overall in postseason action with an 11-11 mark at home.
- Ryan Callahan on to tonight’s loss… “All year we responded after losses, and this is no different. It’s a tough place to play in Washington. They usually come out strong there. We’re going to have to be ready.”
- Henrik Lundqvist on it being a best of five series… “It’s going to be tough that’s for sure. They’re a good team and we’re not expecting this to be easy at all. It’s going to be a challenge to go into their building and try to get a couple of wins.”
- The Blueshirts’ practice schedule for tomorrow, May 1, is 1:30 p.m. at Madison Square Garden.
- The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Washington Capitals on Wednesday, May 2, at Verizon Center (7:30 p.m.), in Game 3 of their Eastern Conference Semifinal series. The game will be televised live on NBC Sports Network, and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2012/04/30/post-game-notes-quotes-102/