- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Some series notes
Posted By On April 18, 2012 @ 5:34 pm In Hockey,New York Rangers,NHL | 18 Comments
Courtesy of me:
* Through three games, the Rangers have not trailed at any point except at the end of the overtime in Game 2. They had scored first, obviously, in all three games, led for 96:45 and been tied for 84:32 in the series.
* Henrik Lundqvist’s 39-save shutout in Game 3 was only the third time in Stanley Cup playoff history that a goalie faced as many as 39 shots and recorded a 1-0 regulation win, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. It was also the second time it happened in as many days (Jonathan Quick of Los Angeles did it the day before).
* The Senators, through Game 3, had lost eight consecutive home playoff games going back to 2007. The first seven were all against Pittsburgh — the last three home games including an OT Game 7 loss in 2010, both home games of a first-round sweep by the Penguins in ‘08 and the last two home games of a five-game series against Pittsburgh in ‘07.
* The Rangers hadn’t won consecutive playoff games since 2009, when they went ahead of Washington 2-0 (and 3-1) before losing in seven in the first round.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2012/04/18/some-series-notes/