Our gracious and generous donor has given us another pair of tickets to give away, so we’ll have another contest tomorrow. The winner will get two tickets to the April 1 game against Boston at Madison Square Garden.
So let’s review the rules, shall we? (answer: yes).
1) This is the easy part. Tomorrow you pick the score, then a bunch of tiebreakers: game-winning goal, Rangers shots, Wild shots. Your entry should look like this (with different numbers and names): Rangers 17, Wild 1. GWG: Avery. Rangers shots: 18. Wild shots: 44.
This is new!!!!: Don’t use NYR or Blueshirts or Min or Minny or Wilds or Wildebeasts or anything other than Rangers and Wild when you make your pick. Don’t use abbreviations, nicknames, colons, dashes or semicolons or any other punctuation between the team name and the score. Just keep it very, very simple and do it exactly like this:
Rangers 17, Wild 1.
If there is anything other than the name of the team then a space then the score, as shown here, you may be disqualified. Then add your tiebreakers.
It just makes it much easier for me to scroll through all the entries that way. Thank you.
2) The score of the game must be exact. Not closest. Not margin of victory. You must have the exact score to move on to the tiebreakers, if needed. Note that the game-winning goal is the goal that provides the margin of victory, whether it be the second goal in a 17-1 game, or an overtime or (God forbid) winning shootout goal.
The Rangers’ shots tiebreaker shall go to the closest prediction without going over. If contestants are still tied, the Wild shots tiebreaker shall be used, and also will go to the closest prediction without going over. If all remaining contestants are over the number of Wild shots, the contestant closest to the correct total wins.
Finally, if still somehow tied—or if nobody picks the exact final score—I will either give the tickets to Sally again or flip a coin at Blog HQ.
3) The most important rules regarding entry into the contest: DO NOT EVEN DREAM ABOUT ENTERING MORE THAN ONCE. I will check IP addresses from any entrant whose screen name I do not recognize. Entries open when the Tuesday morning post goes up, usually before 5 a.m., and will close when the It’s Go Time! post goes up shortly after 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Only entries in the morning post Tuesday will count. In other words, don’t put your predictions in any other thread.
4) Don’t get me aggravated with dumb questions or details.
5) *-The judge’s decision on all issues will be final. (*-I am the judge).
Good luck, and have fun. And don’t make your pick until tomorrow’s pre-game notes thread.