- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Post-game notes; with bonus audio
Posted By Carp On March 10, 2012 @ 12:08 am In Hockey,New York Rangers,NHL | 44 Comments
Courtesy of the NYR:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
March 9, 2012 (Game 67, Away Game 36)
United Center – Chicago, IL
1st 2nd 3rd OT F
New York Rangers 1 0 2 - 3
Chicago Blackhawks 0 1 3 - 4
- The Rangers were defeated by the Chicago Blackhawks, 4-3, tonight at United Center, and are now 13-6-3 in their last 22 games.
- New York has posted a record of 42-18-7 (91 pts) overall, including a 20-11-5 mark on the road.
- The Blueshirts are now 8-2-2 in the second game of back-to-backs, including a 2-2-2 mark on the road. Since 2009-10, New York is 29-10-4 in the second game of back-to-backs, with a 14-7-3 mark on the road over the span. The Rangers are 16-3-5 combined in back-to-back games this season.
- The Blueshirts have skated in 11 of 15 scheduled games against Original Six opponents this season, posting a record of 5-6-0 in those contests.
- Tonight’s loss was New York’s first at Chicago since Mar. 7, 2002 (1-5). The Rangers are now 4-2-1-2 against the Blackhawks in their last nine meetings.
- The Rangers held the Blackhawks scoreless in one shorthanded situation (1:58), and are now 14-14 (100.0%) on the penalty kill in their last five games.
- The Blueshirts out-hit the Blackhawks, 40-20, led by Anton Stralman’s season-high, seven hits. The Rangers were also credited with 17 blocked shots in the contest, led by Stralman and Dan Girardi who registered three blocked shots apiece.
- New York currently owns an eight point lead over Boston atop the Eastern Conference standings, and hold a four-point gap over Pittsburgh for the Atlantic Division lead.
- Artem Anisimov opened the game’s scoring at 19:13 of the first period, and tied for the game-high with four shots on goal. He has tallied three goals in the last six games.
- Brandon Prust notched a goal and was credited with three hits in 13:37 of ice time. He has now registered three points (one goal, two assists) in six career regular season games against Chicago.
- Brad Richards tallied a goal, won a game-high, 11 faceoffs (11-22, 50%), and led all team forwards with 23:34 of ice time. He has tallied 13 points (three goals, 10 assists) in the last 16 games, including seven points (one goal, six assists) in the last eight games.
- Marian Gaborik registered an assist, tied for the game-high with four shots on goal, and was credited with three hits in 22:41 of ice time. He has tallied 25 points (nine goals, 16 assists) in the last 25 games, including six points (three goals, three assists) in the last six contests.
- Ryan McDonagh recorded an assist and three shots on goal in 22:52 of ice time. He is now tied for second among team defensemen with 19 assists, and ranks second in scoring with 25 points on the season.
- John Mitchell tallied the lone assist on Anisimov’s first period goal, and was credited with three hits in the contest. He has now recorded two assists in four career regular season games against Chicago.
- Brian Boyle recorded an assist, was credited with three hits and posted a plus-two rating. He has registered three assists in the last six games.
- Carl Hagelin registered the primary assist in Richards’ third period goal, was credited with two shots on goal and three hits, and logged a career-high, 20:18 of ice time. He has tallied nine points (four goals, five assists) in the last 12 games, including seven points (three goals, four assists) in the last eight contests.
- Henrik Lundqvist stopped 18 of 21 shots and is now 31-14-5 overall, including a 14-8-3 mark on the road this season.
- Please note the Blueshirts do not have practice scheduled for tomorrow, Mar. 10.
- The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the New York Islanders on Sunday, Mar. 11, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), to begin a seven-game homestand. The game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio.
Bonus audio from the Blackhawks (hope this works):
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2012/03/10/post-game-notes-109/
URLs in this post:
 http://bit.ly/zKobkn: http://bit.ly/zKobkn
 http://bit.ly/xK1Kpb: http://bit.ly/xK1Kpb