Courtesy of the NYR:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
March 8, 2012 (Game 66, Away Game 35)
Scotiabank Place – Ottawa, ON
1st 2nd 3rd OT F
New York Rangers 1 0 0 - 1
Ottawa Senators 2 0 2 - 4
- The Rangers were defeated by the Ottawa Senators, 4-1, tonight at Scotiabank Place, and are now 13-5-3 in their last 21 games.
- New York has posted a record of 42-17-7 (91 pts) overall, including a 20-10-5 mark on the road.
- The Rangers are 15-6-3 in their last 24 games away from MSG.
- New York is now 8-1-3 in the first game of back-to-back sets this season, including a 5-1-3 mark on the road.
- The Rangers held the Senators scoreless in two shorthanded situations (3:27), and are now 18-19 (94.7%) on the penalty kill in the last six games.
- New York currently owns an eight point lead over Boston atop the Eastern Conference standings, and hold a six-point gap over Pittsburgh for the Atlantic Division lead.
- Tonight’s regulation loss was only the Rangers’ second of the season when scoring first (30-2-3).
- Ryan Callahan opened the game’s scoring at 4:36 of the first period and was credited with four hits in 17:59 of ice time. He has tallied 12 points (nine goals, three assists) in his last 12 games, including three goals in his last four games.
- Brad Richards tallied the primary assist on Callahan’s goal, registered four shots on goal and won a game-high, 13-16 faceoffs (81%) in 20:38 of ice time. He has tallied 12 points (two goals, 10 assists) in the last 15 games, including six assists in the last seven games.
- Anton Stralman recorded an assist and was credited with three hits in the contest. He has tallied seven assists in his last 14 games, including an assist in each of his last three contests.
- Martin Biron stopped 18 of 21 shots and is now 11-4-2 overall, including a 6-3-2 mark on the road. His start in tonight’s contest ended Henrik Lundqvist’s streak of 26 consecutive appearances against Ottawa, dating back to Dec. 26, 2005.
- The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Chicago Blackhawks tomorrow, Mar. 9, at United Center (8:30 p.m.), to conclude their back-to-back road set. The game will be televised live on MSG Plus and can be heard on 970 The Apple.