- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Posted By Carp On March 6, 2012 @ 11:23 pm In Hockey,New York Rangers,NHL | 37 Comments
Check out the interviews in the thread below, including the quote by Brian Boyle in the type.
Courtesy of the NYR:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
March 6, 2012 (Game 65, Away Game 34)
Prudential Center – Newark, New Jersey
1st 2nd 3rd OT F
New York Rangers 0 1 0 - 1
New Jersey Devils 1 0 3 - 4
- The Rangers were defeated by the New Jersey Devils, 4-1, tonight at Prudential Center, and are now 13-4-3 in their last 20 games.
- New York has posted a record of 42-16-7 (91 pts) overall, including a 20-9-5 mark on the road.
- The Rangers held the Devils scoreless in four shorthanded situations (8:00), and are now 16-17 (94.1%) on the penalty kill in the last five games.
- New York currently owns a 10 point lead over Boston atop the Eastern Conference standings, and hold an eight-point gap over Pittsburgh for the Atlantic Division lead.
- Derek Stepan notched the Rangers’ lone goal at 6:56 of the second period to extend his point streak to four games (two goals, three assists) over the span), tied for the team-high with four shots on goal and led all team forwards with 21:30 of ice time. He has now tallied 13 points (five goals, eight assists) in the last 16 games, and has registered a goal in each of the last two games.
- Carl Hagelin tallied the primary assist on Stepan’s goal and posted a plus-one rating in 16:51 of ice time. He has now tallied eight points (four goals, four assists) in the last 10 games, including six points (three goals, three assists) in the last six contests.
- Dan Girardi recorded an assist and logged a team-high, 23:09 of ice time in the contest. He has registered three assists in the last five games, and now ranks second among team defensemen with 19 assists on the season.
- Henrik Lundqvist stopped 25 of 28 shots in the contest, and is now 31-13-5 overall with a 14-7-3 mark on the road.
- The Blueshirts’ practice for tomorrow, Mar. 7, is scheduled for 12:00 p.m. at MSG Training Center.
- The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Ottawa Senators on Thursday, Mar. 8, at Scotiabank Place (7:30 p.m.), to begin a back-to-back road set. The game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on Bloomberg Radio.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2012/03/06/post-game-notes-107/