- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Posted By On February 21, 2012 @ 10:04 pm In Hockey,New York Rangers,NHL | 104 Comments
From the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
February 21, 2012 (Game 58, Away Game 30)
CONSOL Energy Center — Pittsburgh, PA
1st 2nd 3rd OT Final
New York Rangers 0 0 0 – 0
Pittsburgh Penguins 0 2 0 – 2
– The Rangers were defeated by the Pittsburgh Penguins, 2-0, tonight at CONSOL Energy Center, and are now 9-3-1 in their last 13 games.
– New York has posted a record of 38-15-5 (81 pts) on the season, including a 19-8-3 mark on the road.
– Tonight’s loss snapped a five-game winning streak for New York in Pittsburgh, dating back to a 3-2 overtime win on Feb. 12, 2010.
– New York currently holds a nine-point lead over Boston for first place in the Eastern Conference standings, and own a nine-point lead over New Jersey for first in the Atlantic Division.
– The Rangers out-hit the Penguins, 30-18, and were credited with 14 blocked shots in the contest.
– Henrik Lundqvist made 29 saves and is now 28-12-4 overall, including a 14-6-2 mark on the road this season. He is now 8-2-0 with a 1.29 GAA, .953 Sv% and three shutouts in his last 10 games.
– Brandon Dubinsky was credited with a game-high, seven hits and registered three shots in 16:21 of ice time in the contest. He ranks fourth on the team with 152 hits on the season.
– Brian Boyle registered six hits and three shots on goal in 14:53 of ice time. He ranks second on the team with 170 hits on the season.
– Marc Staal and John Mitchell tied for the game-high with three blocked shots in the contest.
– Derek Stepan led the team with eight faceoff wins in 12 attempts (67%), and logged 19:51 of ice time.
– After an off-day tomorrow, the Blueshirts’ next practice is scheduled for 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, Feb. 23, at MSG Training Center.
– The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the New York Islanders on Friday, Feb. 24, at Nassau Coliseum (7:00 p.m.), in the first game of a back-to-back set. The game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2012/02/21/post-game-notes-103/