Sally won the ticket contest fair and square. In other words, nobody won, so I offered the tickets to her. But she can’t use them, you know, being eight hours away. Kind of a tough round trip.
So we’re going to have a do-over with tonight’s game against the Lightning. This time somebody should try to pick the correct score.
So let’s review the rules, shall we? (answer: yes).
1) This is the easy part. You pick the score, then a bunch of tiebreakers: game-winning goal, Rangers shots, Lightning’s shots. Your entry should look like this (with different numbers and names):
Rangers 17, Lightning 1. GWG: Avery. Rangers shots: 18. Lightning shots: 44.
This is new AND IMPORTANT!!!!: Don’t use NYR or Blueshirts or TB or Bolts or Lightnings or anything other than Rangers and Lightning when you make your pick. Don’t use abbreviations, nicknames; don’t use colons, dashes or semicolons or any other punctuation between the team name and the score. Just keep it very, very simple and do it exactly like this:
Rangers 17, Lightning 1.
If there is anything other than the name of the team then a space then the score, as shown here, you may be disqualified. Then add your tiebreakers.
It just makes it much easier for me to scroll through all the entries that way. Thank you.
2) The score of the game must be exact. Not closest. Not margin of victory. You must have the exact score to move on to the tiebreakers, if needed. Note that the game-winning goal is the goal that provides the margin of victory, whether it be the second goal in a 17-1 game, or an overtime or (God forbid) winning shootout goal.
The Rangers’ shots tiebreaker shall go to the closest prediction without going over. If contestants are still tied, the Lightning’s shots tiebreaker shall be used, and also will go to the closest prediction without going over. If all remaining contestants are over the number of Lightning’s shots, the contestant closest to the correct total wins.
Finally, if still somehow tied, I will either attempt again to give the tickets to Sally or flip a coin at Blog HQ … or I will wait for the next time I see the donor at a game and let him flip the coin.
3) The most important rules regarding entry into the contest: DO NOT EVEN DREAM ABOUT ENTERING MORE THAN ONCE. I will check IP addresses from any entrant whose screen name I do not recognize. Entries open when the Thursday morning post goes up, usually before 5 a.m., and will close when the It’s Go Time! post goes up shortly after 6:30 p.m. Thursday. Only entries in the morning post Thursday will count. In other words, don’t put your predictions in any other thread.
4) Don’t get me aggravated with dumb questions or details.
5) *-The judge’s decision on all issues will be final. (*-I am the judge).
Good luck, and have fun. And don’t make your pick until tomorrow’s pre-game notes thread.