- Rangers Report Blog - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Posted By Carp On February 2, 2012 @ 12:36 am In Hockey,New York Rangers,NHL | 8 Comments
Courtesy of the NYR:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
February 1, 2012 (Game 49, Away Game 27)
First Niagara Center — Buffalo, NY
1st 2nd 3rd SO Final
New York Rangers 0 0 0 1 1
Buffalo Sabres 0 0 0 0 0
- The Rangers defeated the Buffalo Sabres, 1-0, in the shootout tonight at First Niagara Center for their third win in four games, and are now 15-4-1 in their last 20 games.
- The last time the Rangers entered the shootout in a scoreless tie was Jan. 12, 2010 vs. New Jersey at MSG (0-1, SO). The last time the Blueshirts won when entering the shootout in a scoreless tie was Oct. 17, 2008 vs. Toronto at MSG.
- New York has posted a record of 32-12-5 (69 pts) on the season, including a 17-7-3 mark on the road. The Rangers have registered at least one point in 32 of their last 41 games (29-9-3), dating back to Oct. 29, after beginning the season with a 3-3-2 mark.
- Seven of the last 10 meetings between the Rangers and Sabres have been decided by one goal.
- The Rangers have won six of their last eight road games (6-1-1 over the span), and are 12-3-1 in their last 16 games away from MSG.
- The Blueshirts increased their gap over Boston for first in the Eastern Conference to three points, and now sit atop the league standings with 69 points.
- New York improved to 6-1-1 in the second game of back-to-backs, including a 2-1-1 mark on the road, and are now 27-9-3 in the back-end of back-to-backs since 2009-10 (14-6-2 on the road). The Rangers have posted a combined record of 12-1-3 in back-to-back games this season.
- The Rangers held the Sabres scoreless in five shorthanded situations, and have not allowed a power play goal in 14 of the last 16 games (38-40, 95.0% over the span). New York improved to 24-6-2 when not allowing a power play goal.
- The Blueshirts out-hit the Sabres, 28-14, to increase their league-leading total to 1,426 hits on the season.
- Henrik Lundqvist posted his sixth shutout of the season, and 41st of his career, stopping 34 shots through regulation/overtime and four of five shootout attempts. He passed Dave Kerr for second on the Rangers’ all-time shutouts list, and is tied for first among NHL goaltenders for most shutouts since 2005-06 (Brodeur – 41). Lundqvist improved to 23-10-4 overall, including a 12-5-2 mark on the road. He has allowed one goal or less in 10 of his last 17 games, and has held opponents to two or fewer goals in 25 games this season. It is the 15th time he posted 30 or more saves in a game this season, posting a record of 9-5-1 with a 1.97 goals against average, .944 save percentage and two shutouts in those contests.
- Lundqvist’s shutout streak is now at a career-high, 150:35, dating back to 19:11 of the second period on Jan. 21 at Boston. It is the first time in his career he has posted shutouts in consecutive starts.
- Ryan Callahan tallied the game-deciding goal in the shootout, was credited with a game-high, five hits, registered a team-high, four shots on goal and led all forwards with 23:02 of ice time to earn third star honors.
- Marian Gaborik converted his shootout attempt and was credited with two blocked shots in 17:31 of ice time.
- Dan Girardi was credited with two hits, tied for the game-high with three blocked shots and led all skaters with 30:43 of ice time. He has logged 30:00+ of ice time in three of the last four contests.
Team Schedule:– After an off-day tomorrow, the Rangers’ next practice is scheduled for 11:00 a.m. on Friday, February 3, at MSG Training Center. – The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Philadelphia Flyers on Sunday, February 5, at Madison Square Garden (1:00 p.m.), to begin a three-game homestead. The game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio.
Article printed from Rangers Report Blog: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2012/02/02/post-game-notes-100/