- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Posted By Carp On February 1, 2012 @ 12:54 am In Uncategorized | 5 Comments
From the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
January 31, 2012 (Game 48, Away Game 26)
Prudential Center — Newark, NJ
1st 2nd 3rd SO Final
New York Rangers 1 0 2 0 3
New Jersey Devils 0 1 2 1 4
- The Rangers were defeated by the New Jersey Devils, 4-3, in the shootout tonight at Prudential Center, and are now 14-4-1 in their last 19 games.
- New York has posted a record of 31-12-5 (67 pts) on the season, including a 16-7-3 mark on the road. The Rangers have registered at least one point in 31 of their last 40 games (28-9-3), dating back to Oct. 29, after beginning the season with a 3-3-2 mark.
- The Rangers have registered at least one point in six of their last seven road games (5-1-1 over the span), and are 11-3-1 in their last 15 games away from MSG.
- The Blueshirts maintained a one-point lead over Boston for first place in the Eastern Conference, and are currently tied with Detroit for first in the league overall with 67 points. Detroit is in action tonight at Calgary.
- 10 of the Rangers’ last 14 meetings with the Devils have been decided by two goals or less.
- The Rangers are now 18-7-3 against the Devils since 2007-08, including a 9-4-2 mark on the road, dating back to a 2-0 win on Oct. 25, 2007.
- Martin Biron’s start in net tonight ended Henrik Lundqvist’s streak of 32 consecutive starts against the Devils. The last Rangers goalie other than Lundqvist to start against New Jersey was Kevin Weekes on Dec. 17, 2006.
- Michael Del Zotto notched a goal, was credited with three hits and three blocked shots, and posted a plus-two rating in 25:21 of ice time to earn third star honors. He has tallied 19 points (four goals, 15 assists) in the last 29 games, including two points (one goal, one assist) in the last two.
- Marian Gaborik tallied two primary assists and logged 18:00 of ice time in the contest. He has now recorded seven points (two goals, five assists) in the last six games, and leads the team in scoring with 41 points on the season.
- Carl Hagelin tied his career-high for assists/points in a game with two assists, and logged 13:14 of ice time in the contest. He has tallied 11 points (four goals, seven assists) in the last 15 games.
- Anton Stralman opened the game’s scoring with an even strength goal with 0:33 remaining in the first period, and was credited with two blocked shots in 19:28 of ice time. He has tallied a point in each of the last two games (one goal, one assist).
- Brian Boyle notched a goal, was credited with two blocked shots, tied for the team-high with four shots on goal, and led the team with nine faceoff wins in 17 attempts (53%). He has recorded a point in each of the last two games (one goal, one assist).
- Martin Biron made 26 saves through regulation and overtime, and stopped two of three in the shootout. He has now posted a record of 9-2-1 overall, including a 5-2-1 mark on the road. Tonight’s contest is only the fourth time this season he has allowed more than two goals.
- Stu Bickel and Brandon Prust each registered an assist on Brian Boyle’s third period goal. Prust has now recorded two assists in the last three games.
- Dan Girardi led all skaters with a career-high, 33:46 of ice time, tied for the team-high with a season-high, four shots on goal, and was credited with two blocked shots. Girardi has now logged 30:00+ of ice time 11 times in his career, including seven times this season.
Team Schedule:– The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Buffalo Sabres tomorrow, February 1, at First Niagara Center (7:30 p.m.), to conclude their back-to-back set. The game will be televised live on NBC Sports Network and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2012/02/01/post-game-notes-99/