From the Rangers:
TICKETS ON SALE NOW FOR NEW YORK RANGERS ANNUAL CASINO NIGHT PRESENTED BY UNILEVER TO BENEFIT THE GARDEN OF DREAMS FOUNDATION
Full Team Event on Tuesday, February 28 – Gotham Hall
New York, January 30, 2012 –The New York Rangers announced today that tickets to the team’s annual Casino Night presented by Unilever are now available for purchase. The fundraising event to benefit the Garden of Dreams Foundation will take place on Tuesday, February 28th and will feature the entire New York Rangers team, coaching staff and select alumni for an evening of casino games at Gotham Hall hosted by MSG Network analysts Sam Rosen and Joe Micheletti. The players will deal cards, join guests for a buffet dinner and host a live and silent auction featuring one-of-a-kind Rangers experiences and memorabilia. To purchase tickets, visit newyorkrangers.com or call 1-877-MSG-GOAL.
All net proceeds from the event will be donated to the Garden of Dreams Foundation; a nonprofit charity that works closely with all areas of The Madison Square Garden Company, including the New York Knicks, Rangers, Liberty, MSG Network, MSG Entertainment and Fuse to “make dreams come true for kids facing obstacles.” Garden of Dreams partners with local children’s hospitals, “wish” organizations and community-based organizations to build on-going, unforgettable programs for children in the tri-state area who are suffering from devastating illness, homelessness, abuse, hunger, extreme poverty and tragedy.
OUR TICKET CONTEST RULES:
Our gracious and generous donor has given us two more pair of tickets to give away, so we’ll have two upcoming contests. The first involves tomorrow’s game at Newark, and the winner will get two tickets to the Feb. 12 Rangers-Capitals matinee at Madison Square Garden.
So let’s review the rules, shall we? (answer: yes).
1) This is the easy part. You pick the score, then a bunch of tiebreakers: game-winning goal, Rangers shots, Devils shots. Your entry should look something like this (with different numbers and names): Rangers 17, Devils 1. GWG: Avery. Rangers shots: 18. Devils shots: 44.
(Do me a huge favor, please. Don’t use NYR or Blueshirts or anything other than Rangers when you make your pick. It just makes it much easier for me to scroll through all the entries that way. Thank you.)
2) The score of the game must be exact. Not closest. Not margin of victory. You must have the exact score to move on to the tiebreakers, if needed. Note that the game-winning goal is the goal that provides the margin of victory, whether it be the second goal in a 17-1 game, or an overtime or (God forbid) winning shootout goal.
The Rangers’ shots tiebreaker shall go to the closest prediction without going over. If contestants are still tied, the Devils’ shots tiebreaker shall be used, and also will go to the closest prediction without going over. If all remaining contestants are over the number of Devils shots, the contestant closest to the correct total wins.
Finally, if still somehow tied, I will either give the tickets to Sally or flip a coin at Blog HQ … or I will wait for the next time I see the donor at a game and let him flip the coin.
3) The most important rules regarding entry into the contest: DO NOT EVEN DREAM ABOUT ENTERING MORE THAN ONCE. I will check IP addresses from any entrant whose screen name I do not recognize. Entries open when the Tuesday morning post goes up, usually between 5-6 a.m., and will close when the It’s Go Time! post goes up shortly after 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. Only entries in the morning post Tuesday will count. In other words, don’t put your predictions in any other thread.
4) Don’t get me aggravated with dumb questions or details.
5) *-The judge’s decision on all issues will be final. (*-I am the judge).
Good luck, and have fun. And don’t make your pick until tomorrow’s pre-game notes thread.