- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Posted By On January 15, 2012 @ 10:49 pm In Hockey,New York Rangers,NHL | 34 Comments
Courtesy of the NYR:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
January 15, 2012 (Game 43, Away Game 24)
Bell Centre – Montreal, Quebec
1st 2nd 3rd OT Final
New York Rangers 1 0 0 – 1
Montreal Canadiens 1 3 0 – 4
– The Rangers were defeated by the Montreal Canadiens, 4-1, tonight at Bell Centre to end their four-game road winning streak, and are now 10-3-0 in their last 13 games away from MSG.
– New York is now 28-11-4 (60 pts) on the season, including a 15-7-2 mark on the road. The Rangers are 11-3-0 in their last 14 games overall.
– The Rangers have posted a record of 48-29-12 against Original Six opponents since the 2005-06 season, including a 12-12-3 mark vs. Montreal over the span.
– Tonight’s loss in regulation was the Rangers’ first in a back-to-back game this season. New York is now 11-1-2 in back-to-back games, including a 5-1-1 mark in the second game of back-to-backs. Since 2009-10, the Rangers are 26-9-3 in the second game of back-to-back sets, with a 13-6-2 on the road over the span.
– The Blueshirts’ penalty kill was 1-1 (2:00) against the Canadiens, and has now held opponents scoreless in nine of the last 10 games (20-21, 95.2% over the span).
– John Mitchell registered the Rangers’ lone goal at 12:49 of the first period. He was also credited with four hits and logged a season-high, 16:43 of ice time.
– Marian Gaborik tallied his 300th career NHL assist and logged 19:54 of ice time. He leads the team in scoring with 35 points, and is tied for the team lead with 17 road points.
– Derek Stepan recorded an assist and a game-high, five shots on goal in 19:40 of ice time. He has now tallied 18 points (six goals, 12 assists) in the last 22 games, including five points (two goals, three assists) in the last six.
– Henrik Lundqvist stopped 25 of 29 shots, and is now 19-9-4 overall with a 10-5-2 mark on the road.
– Please note the Rangers do not have practice scheduled for tomorrow.
– The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Nashville Predators on Tuesday, January 17, at Madison Square Garden (7:30 p.m.), in their third game in four days. The game will be televised live on NBC Sports Network and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2012/01/15/post-game-notes-97/