- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Posted By On December 28, 2011 @ 11:45 pm In Hockey,New York Rangers,NHL | 37 Comments
From the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
December 28, 2011 (Game 35, Away Game 19)
Verizon Center – Washington, D.C.
1st 2nd 3rd OT Final
New York Rangers 1 0 0 – 1
Washington Capitals 1 2 1 – 4
– The Rangers were defeated by the Washington Capitals, 4-1, tonight at Verizon Center to snap their five-game winning streak. The Blueshirts are 7-3-0 in their last 10 contests.
– New York is now 22-9-4 (48 pts) on the season, including an 11-6-2 mark on the road.
– The Rangers held the Capitals scoreless in two shorthanded situations (4:00), and have now held their opponent scoreless in eight of their last 11 games (30-34, 88.2% over the span) while tallying four shorthanded goals during the stretch.
– Brandon Dubinsky notched the Rangers’ lone goal at 17:16 of the first period, registered three shots on goal and won 3-3 face-offs (100%). He has tallied four points (two goals, two assists) in the last four games, and is now four points shy of 200 career NHL points.
– Ryan Callahan tallied an assist to extend his point streak to three games (one goal, three assists over the span), led all skaters with five hits and tied for the game-high with four shots on goal in 19:16 of ice time. He has recorded 16 points (five goals, 11 assists) in the last 17 games, and now ranks second on the team in scoring with 27 points. Callahan also led the Rangers with four blocked shots, and is now tied for third among NHL forwards with 40 blocked shots on the season.
– Martin Biron stopped 19 of 23 shots and is now 7-2-0 overall, including a 4-2-0 mark on the road. The loss snapped his four-game winning streak, and is only the second time this season he allowed more than three goals in a contest.
– Jeff Woywitka was credited with one blocked shot in 9:13 of ice time while making his return to the lineup after missing the previous four games due to injury.
– New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that defenseman Tim Erixon has been assigned to the Connecticut Whale of the American Hockey League (AHL). He posted a plus-two rating in four games following his emergency recall from Connecticut on Dec. 19. Erixon has registered a plus or even rating in 10 of his 13 games this season as a rookie. He returns to Connecticut where he has recorded one goal and 11 assists for 12 points, along with 12 penalty minutes in 14 AHL games this season. Erixon led all Whale defensemen and was tied for third on the team in assists, and was tied for first among team defensemen and seventh on Connecticut in points at the time of his recall.
– The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Florida Panthers on Friday, December 30, at BankAtlantic Center (7:30 p.m.), in their final game of 2011. The game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2011/12/28/post-game-notes-93/