Courtesy of the NYR:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
December 17, 2011 (Game 30, Away Game 17)
Jobing.com Arena – Glendale, AZ
1st 2nd 3rd OT Final
New York Rangers 1 0 2 – 3
Phoenix Coyotes 1 1 0 – 2
– The Rangers defeated the Phoenix Coyotes, 3-2, tonight at Jobing.com Arena, and have now registered at least one point in 17 of their last 22 games (15-5-2).
- Marian Gaborik notched two goals, including his 300th career NHL goal, in 21:17 of ice time. He has now tallied 10 points (seven goals, three assists) in the last 10 games, and leads the team with seven multi-point performances on the season.
- Brad Richards tallied the game-winning goal with 0.1 second remaining in regulation, tied for the game-high with four shots on goal and posted a plus-two rating in 20:35 of ice time. He has now registered 13 points (six goals, seven assists) in the last 12 games. Entering tonight’s contest, Richards was tied for eighth in the league with three game-winning goals.
- Martin Biron made 21 saves to improve to 6-1-0 overall, including a 4-1-0 mark on the road. Biron has held opponents to two or fewer goals in five of his seven starts this season.
- Michael Del Zotto tallied a power play assist and was credited with two blocked shots in 25:41 of ice time. He has now recorded 10 points (one goal, nine assists) in the last 11 games.
- Derek Stepan recorded a power play assist and was credited with three hits and three shots on goal in 21:01 of ice time. He has now tallied 20 points (seven goals, 13 assists) in the last 22 games, including nine points (three goals, six assists) in the last nine contests.
- Ryan McDonagh registered the primary assist on the game-winning goal and tied for the game-high with three blocked shots in 24:25 of ice time. McDonagh ranks second on the Rangers in blocked shots (65), and second among Blueshirt defensemen in assists (10) and points (14).
- Ryan Callahan recorded an assist on the game-winning goal and logged 20:31 of ice time. He has now tallied 12 points (four goals, eight assists) in the last 12 games.
- Dan Girardi was credited with a team-high, six hits and logged a game-high, 29:35 of ice time. Entering tonight’s contest, Girardi led the NHL in average ice time (27:31) and was tied for eighth among league defensemen in hits (77).
- Brian Boyle tied his season-high with five hits in the contest. Brandon Prust tied for the game-high with a season-high, three blocked shots, and was credited with four hits.
- The Blueshirts do not have practice scheduled for tomorrow, December 18. The Rangers’ next practice is scheduled for 11:00 a.m. on Monday, December 19, at the MSG Training Center.– The Rangers return to action on Tuesday, December 20, when they will face-off against the New Jersey Devils at Prudential Center (7:00 p.m.), to conclude a three-game road trip. The game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio.