- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Posted By Carp On December 15, 2011 @ 11:26 pm In Hockey,New York Rangers,NHL | 53 Comments
From the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
December 15, 2011 (Game 29, Away Game 16)
Scottrade Center – St. Louis, MO
1st 2nd 3rd OT Final
New York Rangers 0 1 0 – 1
St. Louis Blues 2 0 2 – 4
Team Notes:– The Rangers were defeated by the St. Louis Blues, 4-1, tonight at Scottrade Center, and are now 14-5-2 in their last 21 games. – New York has now posted a record of 17-8-4 (38 pts) on the season, including a 9-5-2 record on the road. – The Blueshirts did not have a power play opportunity in the contest. The last time New York was not awarded a power play opportunity in a game was Apr. 9 vs. New Jersey (5-2 win). *courtesy of the Elias Sports Bureau – The Blueshirts held the Blues scoreless in one shorthanded situation (2:00) tonight. The Rangers have now held their opponent scoreless on the power play in five straight games (17-17, 100.0% over the span), while tallying three shorthanded goals during the stretch. The Rangers’ penalty kill is 27-29 (93.1%) in the last 10 games.
- Michael Del Zotto notched the Rangers’ lone goal at 16:18 of the second period and logged 23:21 of ice time. He has now tallied nine points (one goal, eight assists) in the last 10 games, and is now tied for 26th among league defensemen in scoring with 15 points on the season.
- Brandon Dubinsky tallied the primary assist on Del Zotto’s goal, was credited with three hits and led the team with five shots on goal. He is now tied for the team lead with seven road assists, and is tied for fourth with 12 assists on the season.
- Ryan Callahan recorded an assist and was credited with a team-high, four hits in 18:47 of ice time. He has tallied 11 points (four goals, seven assists) in the last 11 games, and is now tied for the team lead in road scoring with 11 points away from MSG.
- Henrik Lundqvist stopped 32 of 35 shots and is now 12-7-4 overall, including a 6-4-2 mark on the road. It is the ninth time this season Lundqvist has made 30+ saves in a game, and he is now 4-4-1 with a 2.31 goals against average, .934 save percentage and one shutout in those contests.
- Dan Girardi, who entered tonight’s contest leading the NHL in average ice time (27:33), led all skaters with 26:15 of ice time.
- Derek Stepan won a team-high, 10-14 faceoffs (71%) in the contest.
- The Blueshirts’ practice schedule for tomorrow, December 16, is 11:45 a.m. CST at Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri.– The Rangers return to action on Saturday, December 17, when they will face-off against the Phoenix Coyotes at Jobing.com Arena (8:00 p.m.), in their third consecutive game against a Western Conference opponent. The game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2011/12/15/post-game-notes-91/