OK, tomorrow we will do a predict-the-score contest, the winner getting two tickets to the Ottawa-Rangers game at MSG Jan. 12, courtesy of our Bonehead donor.
So let’s review the rules, shall we? (answer: yes).
1) This is the easy part. You pick the score, then a bunch of tiebreakers: game-winning goal, Rangers shots, Sabres shots. Your entry should look something like this (with different numbers and names): Rangers 17, Sabres 1. GWG: Avery. Rangers shots: 18. Sabres shots: 44.
2) The score of the game must be exact. Not closest. Not margin of victory. You must have the exact score to move on to the tiebreakers, if needed. Note that the game-winning goal is the goal that provides the margin of victory, whether it be the second goal in a 17-1 game, or an overtime or (God forbid) winning shootout goal.
The Rangers’ shots tiebreaker shall go to the closest prediction without going over. If contestants are still tied, the Sabres’ shots tiebreaker shall be used, and also will go to the closest prediction without going over. If all remaining contestants are over the number of Sabres shots, the contestant closest to the correct total wins.
Finally, if still somehow tied, I will either give the tickets to Sally or flip a coin at Blog HQ … or I will wait for the next time I see the donor at a game and let him flip the coin.
3) The most important rules regarding entry into the contest: DO NOT EVEN DREAM ABOUT ENTERING MORE THAN ONCE. I will check IP addresses from any entrant whose screen name I do not recognize. Entries open when the Saturday morning post goes up, usually between 5-6 a.m., and will close when the It’s Go Time! post goes up shortly after 6:30 p.m. Saturday. Only entries in the morning post Saturday will count. In other words, don’t put your predictions in any other thread.
4) Don’t get me aggravated with dumb questions or details.
5) *-The judge’s decision on all issues will be final. (*-I am the judge).
Good luck, and have fun. And don’t make your pick until tomorrow’s pre-game notes thread.