- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Posted By On November 24, 2011 @ 12:00 am In Hockey,New York Rangers,NHL | 19 Comments
From the NYR:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
November 23, 2011 (Game 18, Away Game 11)
BankAtlantic Center – Sunrise, Florida
1st 2nd 3rd OT Final
New York Rangers 0 1 0 – 1
Florida Panthers 1 1 0 – 2
– The Rangers were defeated by the Florida Panthers, 2-1, tonight at BankAtlantic Center.
– New York is now 10-5-3 (23 pts) on the season, including a 5-4-2 record on the road.
– The loss was only the Blueshirts’ third in their last eight meetings with the Panthers (5-3-0 over the span).
– The Rangers were credited with a season-high, 50 hits, and now rank second in the NHL with 300 hits on the road.
– Henrik Lundqvist made 36 saves to capture second star honors, and is now 7-4-3 overall with a 4-3-2 mark on the road. It was the eighth time Lundqvist has stopped 30 or more shots in a game this season, having posted a 4-3-1 record with a 2.22 goals against average, .937 save percentage and one shutout in those contests.
– Derek Stepan notched the Rangers’ lone goal at 4:18 of the second period and was credited with three hits in 16:52 of ice time. He has recorded 10 points (four goals, six assists) and a plus-seven rating in the last 10 contests.
– Marian Gaborik tallied the primary assist on Stepan’s goal, and registered three shots on goal in 19:27 of ice time. He has registered 12 points (five goals, seven assists) in the last 11 games.
– Ryan McDonagh also recorded an assist on Stepan’s goal, and was credited with three hits in 22:39 of ice time. McDonagh also posted a plus-one rating in the contest, and has now posted a plus-nine rating in the last seven games.
– Brandon Dubinsky led all skaters and tied his career-high with 10 hits in 21:36 of ice time. He now leads the team with 50 hits on the season.
– Dan Girardi was credited with five hits and led the team with 27:11 of ice time. He leads the NHL in average ice time (27:46) and ranks third on the team in hits (46).
– Ryan Callahan tied for the game-high with five shots on goal, tied his season-high with six hits and logged 22:10 of ice time. He ranks second on the team in shots (65) and hits (49).
– Brad Richards led the Rangers with seven faceoff wins in nine attempts (78%), and led all team forwards with 22:46 of ice time. He leads the team in faceoff winning percentage (54.1%) and ranks first among team forwards and fourth overall in average ice time (21:19).
– Michael Sauer and Brian Boyle were each credited with four hits in the contest. Sauer’s four hits marked a season-high.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2011/11/24/post-game-notes-86/