courtesy of the NYR:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
November 19, 2011 (Game 17, Away Game 10)
Bell Centre – Montreal, Quebec
1st 2nd 3rd OT Final
New York Rangers 0 0 0 – 0
Montreal Canadiens 1 1 2 – 4
– The Rangers were defeated by the Montreal Canadiens, 4-0, tonight at Bell Centre to end their seven-game winning streak.
– The Blueshirts’ last regulation loss was on Oct. 27 vs. Toronto (4-2).
– New York is now 10-4-3 (23 pts) on the season, including a 5-3-2 record on the road.
– The Blueshirts out-hit the Canadiens, 28-15, and were credited with 20 blocked shots in the contest.
– Martin Biron made 27 saves and is now 3-1-0 overall (1-1-0 on the road), along with a 1.68 goals against average, a .937 save percentage and one shutout on the season.
– Ryan McDonagh led all skaters with five blocked shots, and logged 24:42 of ice time. He ranks second on the team in average ice time (25:09) and blocked shots (36).
– Brandon Dubinsky was credited with a game-high, five hits in 18:05 of ice time, and he now ranks third on the team with 40 hits on the season.
– Dan Girardi registered three blocked shots and logged a game-high, 28:31 of ice time. He leads the Rangers in average ice time (27:48) and blocked shots (45).
– Ryan Callahan recorded four hits and logged 19:46 of ice time in the contest, and now leads the team with 43 hits on the season.
– Brad Richards led all skaters with eight faceoff wins in 11 attempts (73%), and now leads the Rangers with a 53.2 faceoff winning percentage.