- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Post-game notes, quotes
Posted By On November 3, 2011 @ 10:49 pm In Hockey,New York Rangers,NHL | 94 Comments
Courtesy of the NYR (audio in the previous thread):
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
November 3, 2011 (Game 11, Home Game 4)
Madison Square Garden – New York, New York
– The Rangers defeated the Anaheim Ducks, 2-1, in the shootout tonight at Madison Square Garden to improve to 5-3-3 on the season, including a 2-1-1 mark at home.
– The Blueshirts have registered at least one point in six of the last eight games, posting a record of 5-2-1 over the span. New York has won each of their last two games.
– The Rangers improved to 7-3-1 in their last 11 meetings with the Ducks, including wins in their last three contests at Madison Square Garden.
– Seven of the Rangers 11 games to begin the season have been against Western Conference opponents. The last time New York played more games vs. Western Conference opponents than vs. Eastern Conference opponents this late into the season was in 2003-03 (six of the first 11 games through November 4).
– Henrik Lundqvist stopped 27 of 28 shots through regulation and overtime, and two of three shootout attempts, to improve to 3-3-3 with a 2.18 goals against average and a .932 save percentage on the season. He is now 38-26 all-time in shootouts, and maintains his NHL record for most career shootout wins.
– Marian Gaborik notched the game-deciding goal in the third round of the shootout, and tallied the primary assist on Jeff Woywitka’s first period goal to earn third star honors. He has registered five points (one goal, four assists) in the last four games, and is now tied for the team lead in scoring with nine points. Gaborik also recorded seven shots on goal in a season-high, 23:34 of ice time, and is currently tied for fourth in the NHL with 46 shots on goal.
– Jeff Woywitka registered his first goal as a Ranger with an even strength tally at 17:32 of the first period, and has recorded a point in each of the last two games (one goal, one assist).
– Ruslan Fedotenko tallied an assist in 16:23 of ice time, and is now tied for second on the team in assists (five) and third in points (six) on the season.
– Erik Christensen notched a goal in the first round of the shootout to improve to 24 of 46 in shootouts all-time (52.2%). He is now tied for fourth in the NHL all-time among active skaters in shootout goals (24), and is tied for fifth all-time in shootout shooting percentage (52.2%) among active skaters with at least 10 career shootout attempts.
– Brian Boyle was credited with a personal season-high, five hits in 12:44 of ice time while skating in his 200th career NHL game.
– Derek Stepan led all skaters with a career-high, six hits and won five of seven faceoffs (71%). He now leads the team with 27 hits on the season.
– Steve Eminger was credited with a team-high four blocked shots, and ranks second on the team with 23 blocked shots on the season.
– John Tortorella on Marian Gaborik…
“He’s been our best player this year. Two for 19, but he’s ready to take the next step. I’m glad for him. I hope it helps him. Because he’s been our most consistent player offensively and I’m glad for him it worked out.”
– Jeff Woywitka on his first goal as a Ranger…
“We had some good zone pressure and Gabs is coming around the net there, he made a great play and I stayed a little wider, a little higher and he got the pass through to me. I wanted to get it off as quick as I could, as hard as I could and got it past the first set of legs, and once you do that anything can happen. It was exciting.”
– Marian Gaborik on tonight’s game…
“They started stretching their wingers and came with a lot of speed through the neutral zone. They have a lot of skilled defensemen that started joining the rush and we tried to take that away and they had quite a few chances but Hank stood up strong.”
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2011/11/03/post-game-notes-quotes-61/