- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Post-game notes and quotes
Posted By On April 7, 2011 @ 10:34 pm In Hockey,New York Rangers,NHL | 44 Comments
More quotes to follow shortly. But remember this — and I have no problem with anybody being a Negative Nancy tonight — if Carolina doesn’t win vs. Atlanta tomorrow night, the Rangers regain control of their destiny and can clinch with a win Saturday. Just sayin’. And, as somebody tweeted to Steve Zipay, the Thrashers should be well-rested because they didn’t have to work very hard tonight.
Courtesy of the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES AND QUOTES
April 7, 2011 – New York Rangers 0, Atlanta Thrashers 3 (Game No. 81, Home No. 40)
• The Rangers were defeated by the Atlanta Thrashers, 3-0, tonight at Madison Square Garden, and are 43-33-5 overall with a 19-17-4 mark at home. New York is now 10-4-1 in their last 15 contests, and have posted a record of 5-1-1 in their last seven games at MSG.
• New York held Atlanta scoreless in two power play opportunities (1:44), and are now 18-20 (90.0%) on the penalty kill in the last 10 games.
• The Blueshirts won 30 of 55 faceoffs (55%), led by Brandon Dubinsky’s game-high, 12 faceoff wins in 17 attempts (71%). Dubinsky leads the Rangers with a 52.4 faceoff winning percentage (451-861) this season. Erik Christensen also won seven of nine faceoffs for a 78% success rate in the contest.
• Dan Girardi was credited with a team-high, four blocked shots in 22:22 of ice time, to increase his league-leading total to 235 blocked shots on the season.
• Brian Boyle registered a team-high, four hits in the contest, and now ranks ninth among NHL forwards with 232 hits.
• Henrik Lundqvist made 23 saves in net, and is now 35-27-5 overall with a 15-14-4 mark at home. He is 10-4-1 with a 2.11 GAA, .930 Sv% and three shutouts in the last 15 games.
• The Blueshirts’ practice schedule for tomorrow, Apr. 8, is 12:00 p.m. at the MSG Training Center.
• The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the New Jersey Devils on Saturday, Apr. 9, at Madison Square Garden (12:30 p.m.), to complete their 2010-11 regular season schedule. The game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio and newyorkrangers.com.
John Tortorella on the last game of the season… “We felt this coming for the past three weeks. We have been on a pretty good run but Carolina keeps on winning, Buffalo keeps on winning. It doesn’t surprise me at all that it takes 82. We will be ready to play game 82.”
Henrik Lundqvist on the next game vs. New Jersey… “They are not in. They are going to do everything they can to spoil. They are going to do everything they can to not see us in the playoffs. Also, they want to end the season on a good note. It is going to be an exciting game, big game again like last year.”
Brandon Dubinsky on the last game of the season… “Make sure we play the best game of the season – come together. We have to keep it tight in this room. For the guys that were here last year, remember and make sure that fuels the fire.”
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2011/04/07/post-game-notes-and-quotes-7/