- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Posted By On March 31, 2011 @ 11:03 pm In Hockey,New York Rangers,NHL | 147 Comments
From the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
March 31, 2011 – New York Rangers 2, New York Islanders 6 (Game No. 78, Away No. 40)
* The Rangers were defeated by the New York Islanders, 6-2, tonight at Nassau Coliseum, and are now 41-32-5 overall with a 23-16-1 mark on the road. New York is now 8-3-1 in their last 12 contests, and are 6-3-0 in their last nine road games.
* Vinny Prospal opened the game’s scoring with a goal at 14:25 of the first period and logged a season-high, 20:00 of ice time. He has tallied 15 points (four goals, 11 assists) in the last 17 games, and ranks second on the team in scoring with 18 points (six goals, 12 assists) in 25 games since returning from injury on Feb. 3.
* Marian Gaborik tallied an assist on Prospal’s first period goal and logged 17:40 of ice time. He has now registered 26 points (14 goals, 12 assists) in 21 career regular season contests vs. the Islanders, including 10 points (six goals, four assists) in six games this season.
* Brandon Prust notched a goal with 14 seconds remaining in regulation, and has now registered five points (three goals, two assists) in the last nine games. Prust improved his career-high season totals to 13 goals and 28 points.
* Brian Boyle recorded an assist on Prust’s third period goal, led the team with four shots on goal and won a team-high, nine faceoffs in 16 attempts (56%). He has registered 11 points (six goals, five assists) in 22 games vs. Atlantic Division opponents this season.
* Henrik Lundqvist (18 saves) and Chad Johnson (nine saves) combined to make 27 saves. Lundqvist established a career-high by making his 22nd consecutive appearance (dating back to Feb. 11). Johnson made his season debut, entering the contest at the start of the third period, after dressing as Lundqvist’s backup in the last 12 games.
* Please note the Blueshirts do not have practice scheduled for tomorrow, April 1.
* The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Philadelphia Flyers on Sunday, April 3, at Wells Fargo Center (12:30 a.m.), in the first game of a back-to-back set. The game will be televised live on NBC.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2011/03/31/post-game-notes-73/