From the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
March 30, 2011 – New York Rangers 0, Buffalo Sabres 1 (Game No. 77, Away No. 39)
* The Rangers were defeated by the Buffalo Sabres, 1-0, tonight at HSBC Arena, and are now 41-31-5 overall with a 23-15-1 mark on the road. New York is now 8-2-1 in their last 11 contests, and are 6-2-0 in their last eight road games.
* Three of the Rangers last four games finished with a 1-0 score (2-1-0 in those contests), and each of their last four contests have been decided by one goal.
* Henrik Lundqvist stopped 34 shots, and is now 33-25-5 overall with a 19-12-1 mark on the road. He has made 30 or more saves in 25 of his 63 appearances this season, posting a record of 15-8-2 with a 1.91 goals against average, a .947 save percentage and six shutouts in those contests. In the last 10 games, Lundqvist is 8-1-1 with a 1.67 goals against average, a .942 save percentage and three shutouts over the span.
* New York won 33 of 55 faceoffs (60%), led by Brandon Dubinsky’s game-high, 12 faceoff wins in 18 attempts (67%). Dubinsky leads the team with a 51.8% faceoff winning percentage (411-794) on the season.
* Dan Girardi and Sean Avery tied for the team-high with four hits apiece. Girardi also led the team with two blocked shots and logged 25:15 of ice time.
* The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the New York Islanders tomorrow, Mar. 31, at Nassau Coliseum (7:00 p.m.), to close out their back-to-back set. The game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio and newyorkrangers.com. Prior to tomorrow’s contest, the Blueshirts’ optional morning skate is scheduled for 11:30 a.m. at Nassau Coliseum.