- Rangers Report - http://rangers.lohudblogs.com -
Posted By On March 26, 2011 @ 4:19 pm In Hockey,New York Rangers,NHL | 99 Comments
Courtesy of the Rangers:
NEW YORK RANGERS POST-GAME NOTES
March 26, 2011 – New York Rangers 1, Boston Bruins 0 (Game No. 76, Away No. 38)
* The Rangers defeated the Boston Bruins, 1-0, today at TD Garden to improve to 41-30-5 overall, including a 23-14-1 on the road. It is the second time in the last three games the Rangers won with a 1-0 score. The 23 road wins is their most since the 1993-94 season (24-16-2).
* New York has now registered at least one point in a season-high, seven consecutive games (6-0-1), and are 8-1-1 in their last 10 contests. The last time New York posted a seven-game point streak was from Dec. 31, 2009 at Carolina to Jan. 12, 2010 vs. New Jersey (4-0-3).
* The Blueshirts are the only team in the NHL who is undefeated when leading after two periods, posting a record of 27-0-0 in those contests.
* Henrik Lundqvist stopped 26 shots to post his career-high, 11th shutout of the season, while appearing in his 400th career game. He is now 33-24-5 overall, including a 19-11-1 mark on the road. His 11 shutouts and 19 road wins both lead the league. In the last 10 games, Lundqvist is 8-1-1 with a 1.67 goals against average, a .942 save percentage and three shutouts over the span.
* Lundqvist’s 11 shutouts are tied for second in team history for most shutouts in a season, and are the most by a Ranger goalie since John Ross Roach posted 13 shutouts in 1928-29.
* Derek Stepan tallied the game’s lone goal at 6:39 of the first period, and won a team-high, eight faceoffs in 12 attempts (67%). The goal was his 20th of the season, marking the first time since 2005-06 that a Rangers rookie tallied 20 or more goals (Petr Prucha – 30). He is now tied for second among NHL rookies in road points (24) and ranks third in road goals (14), and he leads the team in road goals and ranks second in road points.
* Michael Sauer recorded the primary assist on Stepan’s goal, and blocked three shots in 20:28 of ice time. The Rangers have posted a record of 10-2-0 when he registers a point. Sauer now leads the team ranks third among NHL rookies with a plus-18 rating on the season.
* Vinny Prospal registered one assist on Stepan’s game-winning goal, and has now tallied 14 points (three goals, 11 assists) in the last 15 games. He leads the team with 12 assists and ranks second in scoring with 17 points (five goals, 12 assists) in 23 games since returning from injury on Feb. 3.
* After an off-day tomorrow, the Blueshirts’ next practice is scheduled for 11:00 a.m. on Monday, Mar. 28, at the MSG Training Center.
* The Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Buffalo Sabres on Wednesday, Mar. 30, at HSBC Arena (7:00 p.m.), to begin a back-to-back set.
Article printed from Rangers Report: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2011/03/26/post-game-notes-71/